Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc implementation for the Java/JVM ecosystem / project proposal

Hello Torkild,

thank you for your interest. The grammar and a technology compatibility kit (TCK) will be part of the AsciiDoc Languge specification, this would be outside of this project proposal. That being said, this project will have a big interest to work towards something reusable in the language specification.

The aim for this project proposal would be "just" to provide an implementation for th JVM. Maybe we can re-use a grammar, or tranform it to ANTLR or a different tool, let's see. From what I hear there will also be other implementations for other platform.

For now I am keen to find out why we need a JVM implementation, and what behaviour it should provide at its APIs. Looking at an editor, it should probably provide error messages to the line and character. How this is implemented on the inside (with ANTLR or something else) would be the next step.

What would highlights or deal breakers from a Eclipse Mylyn Docs perspective?

I'll add both you and the project to the list!

Best regards,
Alexander