Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc Working Group Promotion to Active!

Thanks for the clarification Dan. Good questions, and the process is not as clear as it could be in some areas. I will answer below, more questions as appropriate are welcome.

> I think what Sarah is asking is how does the Steering Committee get formed technically?

It will be formed when the representatives are named. See the Steering Committee Composition section of the charter. The Foundation will connect with the Strategic members to ask them to name their representative to the Steering Committee and an alternate (in case they are unavailable at times). The representative(s) for the Participant members is determined by ballot or acclimation depending on membership. This is something the Foundation will facilitate on behalf of the working group..

The Foundation will work with the Steering Committee reps to determine a suitable time to meet.

Note also that the initial (interim) chair for the committee is appointed by the Executive Director or their designate. At the earliest opportunity, the Steering Committee must nominate and elect a new chair. That can be to simply accept the interim chair as their chair.

> In other words, how and when does it become official?

At the point we have completed above it becomes official!

> Is it just something we declare like "and with that, the Steering Committee is now formed" or does it need some sort of validation by the EF / EMO?

The Foundation will send out an announcement to mark this event and communicate the reps on the committee and the interim chair. It will be sent to this list and elsewhere.

> Also, how do we know who the representative is from each strategic member?

See above.

> Do they need to put forth the name of their rep on this list?

Correspondence on naming the rep (and alternate) is done by direct communication between the Foundation and the member.

HTH

Thanks ... Paul