Re: [adoptium-pmc] Moving AdoptOpenJDK resources into Adoptium

On 17/02/2021 16:05, Andreas Ahlenstorf wrote:
Hi Tim,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021, at 10:13, Tim Ellison wrote:

In fact, there is no limit to the length of time we can continue to
re-distribute the Eclipse builds at AdoptOpenJDK.net, it is "just" the
extra work of maintaining the site/API there while we transition users
to the new Eclipse locations.

That's great. So when the transition is complete, we can provide updates at Adopt (for example) for another year. That should give people time to switch and is something we should try to do.

We also need public communication ASAP what the new rules are going
to be at Adoptium, what can come with us, and what we have to leave
behind. If all goes according to plan, we can start next week with
the development of our new website. But we cannot build it if we
don't know whether we can integrate upstream builds, Dragonwell,
IcedTea-Web, or JMC.

I think we have this now.

How should I read this?

a) We have a document somewhere but that has not been publicly shared, yet.
b) Everything not mentioned in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r9zslP-pZw7-KXR1h-L_BJprvoaAaMqMvRkx5NnpVrI/ has to be left behind. Because the JMC overrides repo (amongst others) seems to be missing, no JMC from Adoptium.
c) Something else

If it's (b), is it being worked on that we have to leave behind less?

Option c). I think we have an idea of what is being left behind, but I agree it needs documenting.

I've added an extra sheet into that doc that lists all the repos in the AdoptOpenJDK organization. I think we can use that to work through the definitive list (I can see 126 repos) and flag each one.

If people agree that's useful I'll copy across all the info on the first sheet and that'll become obsolete.

Regards,
Tim

Back to the top