Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Change launch directory for all files at once(I want to change the default launch directory of Eclipse)
Change launch directory for all files at once [message #1090931] Tue, 20 August 2013 21:18 Go to next message
Mike Bonhoff is currently offline Mike BonhoffFriend
Hallo,

when I launch a PHP program Eclipse always asks me where I want to launch the file. I don't know why Eclipse asks me that question. Because in the editor window Eclipse is able to display the code of the file so it must be able to locate it. The file is located /var/www/mediawiki-1.16.5/KE/datenbankanfrage.php. And every time I want to run a file inside that KE-folder he offers me the possiblity localhost/KE/datenbankanfrage (localhost is the same as /var/www) as shown in wrong-directory.png (first attached file).

But the location should be localhost/mediawiki-1.16.5/KE/datenbankanfrage as shown in the right-directory.png (second attached file).

So I always have to change that for every file I want to run inside that KE-project (=KE-folder) again. Isn't there a possibility to change that directory in a central place. The Run->Rund Configurations...-settings gives me the possibiliy to change the directory for a file. But there are only those files shown on the left side which I ran before (shown in the 3rd attached screenshot-file named run-configurations.png).

I think I made some bad settings when I used Eclipse earlier but I thought those settings (like telling which folder to use) could be changed later.

I have googled the problem but I didn't find an answer to the question (in the case of one google query I found a post where someone wanted to run the same file by just using a shortcut).

Is there a possibity to declare the folder only once.

Remark: I posted the same question in the beginners section of the Eclipse forum (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1090804/#msg_1090804) but someone told me to post here is better.

Thank you for every help!

Re: Change launch directory for all files at once [message #1091305 is a reply to message #1090931] Wed, 21 August 2013 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps it would become clearer to me if someone could explain me the difference between the File and the URL field (see the attachment run-configurations.png of my last post):

I think the File field locates the file from the point of my working directory (which I want to be /var/www/mediawiki-1.16.5: in this case I would fill in /KE/datenbankanfrage.php in this field) and the URL starts with localhost/ (that means /var/www/) so that I would write down mediawiki-1.16.5/KE/datenbankanfrage.php in the second field.

But I don't understand why I could fill in both those values. When I fill in one of those then the other one follows automatically. (What is when those values are inconsistent?)
Re: Change launch directory for all files at once [message #1092177 is a reply to message #1091305] Thu, 22 August 2013 12:21 Go to previous message
Here
http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/help/html/debugging_a_php_web_page.htm
I found the information that it is standard behavior of Eclipse that it fills in the URL when the file location is given. But as you can see in the picture I am able to choose both possibilities.

Can someone explain that?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Formatting of comments broken in Keplar (4.3)
Next Topic:Remote debugging over a VPN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:34:12 GMT 2024