Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » Exception in thread "WorkbenchTestable" when running SWTBot test
Exception in thread "WorkbenchTestable" when running SWTBot test [message #1067657] Tue, 09 July 2013 20:07 Go to next message
Jiajian Lei is currently offline Jiajian LeiFriend
I got the following errors when running the SWTBot test project.
It says 'No Classloader found for plug-in swtbot', where swtbot is the name of the SWTBot test project.
I tried adding the Plug-in 'com.teradata.pde.ggdb.ui' and 'org.eclipse.ui.navigator' to manifest, but that didn't solve the problem.

I have also tried the solution from other posts that goes to run configuration and selects 'plugins selected below only', and checks off all plugins from Target Platform and only the test project plug-in from Workspace. The problem still remains.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.navigator 2 0 2013-07-09 12:59:43.197
!MESSAGE Can't find Navigator Content Descriptor with id: org.eclipse.tcf.te.tcf.ui.navigator.content

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2013-07-09 12:59:43.773
!MESSAGE Plug-in 'com.teradata.pde.ggdb.ui' contributed an invalid Menu Extension (Path: 'org.eclipse.ui.run' is invalid): com.teradata.pde.ggdb.ui.function.quickwatch
Exception in thread "WorkbenchTestable" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Classloader found for plug-in swtbot
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.RemotePluginTestRunner.getClassLoader(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:79)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.RemotePluginTestRunner.getTestClassLoader(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:73)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.loadClass(RemoteTestRunner.java:693)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.loadClasses(RemoteTestRunner.java:429)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:452)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:64)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.UITestApplication.runTests(UITestApplication.java:117)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.testing.WorkbenchTestable$1.run(WorkbenchTestable.java:71)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

[Updated on: Tue, 09 July 2013 20:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exception in thread "WorkbenchTestable" when running SWTBot test [message #1067735 is a reply to message #1067657] Wed, 10 July 2013 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Seems like the way you start SWTBot doesn't reference correctly the test
plugin you're trying to execute.
You should fix the command-line and make sure you pass a good value to
the -testPlugin or -testSuite attribute.

HTH

--
Mickael Istria
JBoss, by Red Hat
My blog: http://mickaelistria.wordpress.com
My Tweets: http://twitter.com/mickaelistria
Re: Exception in thread "WorkbenchTestable" when running SWTBot test [message #1067826 is a reply to message #1067735] Wed, 10 July 2013 18:02 Go to previous message
Jiajian Lei is currently offline Jiajian LeiFriend
command-line? I ran this through eclipse though.
Could you be more specific on how to fix this?
Thanks a lot.
Previous Topic:Problem with SWTBot after upgrading to Eclipse 4.2 and 4.3
Next Topic:SWTBot 2.1.1 released!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:51:58 GMT 2024