Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Downloads
Downloads [message #740776] Tue, 18 October 2011 22:01 Go to next message
Matt Cooper is currently offline Matt CooperFriend
Hey so I'm trying to be able to collaborate with one of my friends on some coding. I looked around and it looks like the ECF would be a great tool for this (tell me if its not.) However, when I tried to download it I got an error saying:

"An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,org.jivesoftware.smack.source,3.1.100.v20110829-0349.
File has invalid content:C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile205750135848836568.jar
Invalid content:jars/xpp.jar
The file "jars/xpp.jar" in the jar "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile205750135848836568.jar" has been tampered!"

I've never touched this jar file so I dont really know whats going on. How can I fix this?
Re: Downloads [message #791257 is a reply to message #740776] Sun, 05 February 2012 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Everlof is currently offline David EverlofFriend
Hello!

Got exactly the same problem.
Tried both with latest Helios and Indigo, also tried both installing ECF from the URL and locally.

Any help here would be appreciated.
Re: Downloads [message #793031 is a reply to message #791257] Tue, 07 February 2012 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laroy Sjödahl is currently offline Laroy SjödahlFriend
I also have this problem, and just as David, tried installing it from the URL and locally.

I'd be grateful for any input.
Re: Downloads [message #800460 is a reply to message #740776] Fri, 17 February 2012 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Hi Folks.

I'm an ECF project committer. Thanks for letting us know about this problem via these postings and this bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=371837

I/we didn't realize there was a problem.

I would like to ask some questions of you...in order to figure out what's wrong. First, would you reply to this and paste in the URL that you were/are using with your failed download attempts?

My suspicion is that these problems are related to the Indigo repo, rather than ECF's repo (which is used as source for the Indigo repo...but it might be that something went wrong in the creation of the Indigo repo).

I just tried ECF's own repo, and successfully installed ECF 3.5.4 into Eclipse 3.7.1. Please try to install ECF directly from our repo...links to this repo and installation instructions are available on our download page:

http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/downloads.php

If you have problems installing from *this* repo also, please let me know by placing a comment to that effect on this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=371837

with what went wrong (if different from previous attempt).

Thanks for your patience. I think that perhaps the Indigo repo copy of ECF 3.5.4 may have gotten corrupted somehow...and if so I will see to it that things are installed properly in 3.7.2 version of Indigo...which is due out next week.

Re: Downloads [message #806161 is a reply to message #740776] Fri, 24 February 2012 16:14 Go to previous message
Sunny Day is currently offline Sunny DayFriend
Had the same problem. Tried to install by two ways from the suggested link of Scott Lewis www. eclipse .org/ecf/downloads.php. One way was to install via p2 repository and the other via Zip. Both intents are failed. So for me the solution was to download the ECF Dailies from
build.ecf-project.org /repo/N-HEAD-sdk.feature /lastSuccessful/archive/site.p2/
which is daily updated. After this my problem was solved.
Previous Topic:Selective combined hover in Java IDE?
Next Topic:Importing Project (into Eclipse) as files problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 07:20:18 GMT 2024