ECF 3.7.1 Now Available (10/27/2013)
ECF 3.7.1 requires Eclipse Juno or Eclipse Kepler. See here to get
appropriate version of Eclipse.
See New and Noteworthy for details of the contents of this release.
See ECF Wiki and/or the ecf dev at eclipse.org mailing list for further information about plans and ongoing project activities.
ECF 3.7.1 Install via p2 repository
For a detailed step-by-step description of how to install OSGi Remote Services into Eclipse
see Installing Into Eclipse. For a
step-by-step description of how to add OSGi Remote Services into your Target Platform see
Add to Target Platform.
- In Eclipse, choose Help -> Install New Software...
- Click on the Add button on the right.
- Type in a Name in the textbox. For example, type: ECF 3.7.1.
- Paste the following URL into the Location field.
- Click OK.
- Select the Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) check box.
NOTE: Selecting this check box will result in including 2 sub-items:
- ECF Target Components for Eclipse
- Source for ECF Target Components for Eclipse
- Only this first item and it's two sub-items should be selected for install into Eclipse.
To explain: The ECF repository has three top-level items for install:
- Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF)
- Eclipse Communication Framework File Transfer Features (ECF)
- Eclipse Communication Framework Remote Services (ECF)
The Eclipse Communication Framework File Transfer Features (2) and
Eclipse Communication Framework Remote Services Features (3) are already included
the ECF Target Components for Eclipse and so should not
separately checked for install into Eclipse. These two features are intended for use in non-Eclipse OSGi environments (e.g. servers)
and will conflict with install into Eclipse.
Click on Next.
Follow through the remaining dialogs to complete the installation.
To uninstall ECF SDK...
- Choose Help -> Install New Software...
- Click on already installed (lower part of install manager dialog)
- Click on Installed Software tab
- Click on ECF Target Components
- Click on Uninstall ...
ECF 3.7.1 Install via Zip
The ECF SDK zip contains all ECF plugins from the Eclipse Foundation, as well as source code.
The zip is a p2 update site. When you unzip it, you will have a local p2 update site and can
then add an update site using the 'local'
- The Daily builds are the latest untested or lightly tested builds.
ECF Source Code
For access to Eclipse Foundation ECF source code, see our Eclipse Foundation git repostiory
For access to ECF Extras source code, see our github repository
ECF Extras Plugins
Built versions of ECF extras plugins are periodically created by the ECF builder and available in the builder downloads area
ECF Extras source code is available via our area at Github - http://github.com/ECF
ECF Build Types
See the ECF Buckminster/Hudson builder for the available ECF builds.