Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » how to get screenshots, logger messages into results/${class-name}.html file?
how to get screenshots, logger messages into results/${class-name}.html file? [message #648081] Tue, 11 January 2011 07:23
Aparna Argade is currently offline Aparna ArgadeFriend
I'm using swtbot for last 2/3 months and had a good experience using it. I use headless test framework and I get .html, .txt and .xml in 'results' folder.
I often generate screenshots, logger messages to analyze failures. I got the screenshots in 'results' folder by specifying the folder name along with filename. I also generated logger output in 'results' folder by editing log4j.xml. But in this setup, all the things are scattered in different files.

I want to have a consolidated html report in which I should see all the things (screenshots, logger messages and standard html output with test pass/fail status etc.) in a single file.
That would be very easy to analyze the failure when you have lot many tests. Currently I've to first look at the .html. If there a failure then I've to open logger messages output file. I also need to open screenshots files side by side and then I can analyze the failure reason. It would be great help if all such things come in a single file.

I looked at JUNIT.XSL, library.xml in org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.junit4.headles_xxxx folder. But doing changes in those files seems difficult.
Is there any known standard method to get consolidated report including screenshots, logger output and html standard output?
Previous Topic:Errors on Mac when running SWTBot tests
Next Topic:Accessing Connection lines on Graphiti objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:53:13 GMT 2024