Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » SWTBot _Tycho(SWTBot _Tycho - Skip the Test Run But Bundle it)
SWTBot _Tycho [message #1832104] Wed, 09 September 2020 06:27 Go to next message
Neju Nelson is currently offline Neju NelsonFriend
Hi

I am using Tycho to build my RCP application and swtbot for automated testing.

I am packaging the swtbot as eclipse-test-plugin in the product as a separate plugin . But I don't need to run the test when the application is build. But I need that plugin to bundle inside my product. So I can run it from command prompt later.

if i do mvn clean verify. Once my product is bundled the test starts run which I don't need.

Tried skipTest but its skipping the compiling and bundling part as well.

Thanks in advance
Re: SWTBot _Tycho [message #1832124 is a reply to message #1832104] Wed, 09 September 2020 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tasse is currently offline Patrick TasseFriend
Hi Neju,

In our project each test plug-in is in one of a number of categories, and each category has its own separate maven parameter used to skip it.

So you could have a parameter to skip SWTBot tests and have it set to true by default.

https://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/skipping-tests.html

Patrick
Re: SWTBot _Tycho [message #1832142 is a reply to message #1832124] Thu, 10 September 2020 04:32 Go to previous message
Neju Nelson is currently offline Neju NelsonFriend
Thanks Patrick

What I need is like during Maven build the test should not run. But it should build the test plugins and integrate in the product.

After the build I should be able to run the bot test from outside

java -Xms256M -Xmx768M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -jar /plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.5.400.v20190515-0925.jar -application org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.junit.headless.swtbottestapplication -product abc.product -testApplicationabc.product -data /workspace -testPluginName abc.test.swtbot formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter, /Report/TestSuite.xml -className abc.testbot.RegressionTestSuite -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog debug -clearPersistedState

Neju
Previous Topic:Problems with Keyboard when tests running headless
Next Topic:SWTBot() - Could not find a display - Eclipse 2020
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:10:09 GMT 2024