Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Cannot generate GMF Editor with Eugenia(Multiple type errors when using emf source to generate GMF editor with Eugenia)
Cannot generate GMF Editor with Eugenia [message #1776820] Tue, 21 November 2017 23:47 Go to next message
Christophe Rezk is currently offline Christophe RezkFriend
I have created an emf file, and used it to generate the ecore metamodel.
However, when I try using Eugenia to generate a GMF editor, I get hundreds of errors about types I defined not being types.
My emf metamodel is not yet complete, but all nodes are correctly defined (just missing links).
I have attached my emf metamodel, an ecore metamodel can be generated through it, and a GMF editor in an attempt to duplicate the errors I am receiving.
Would really appreciate any help; this is my first time using Epsilon/Eugenia.

SOLUTION: It turns out that if all previously generated files are not deleted, some methods/classes in later generated files will be renamed with random numbers leading to errors -- SOLVED

[Updated on: Wed, 22 November 2017 17:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot generate GMF Editor with Eugenia [message #1776894 is a reply to message #1776820] Wed, 22 November 2017 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Christophe,

Your metamodel looks good and produces a working GMF editor on my end. Could you please try with a clean Epsilon installation from [1] and let me know if the problems persist?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/download/
Re: Cannot generate GMF Editor with Eugenia [message #1776904 is a reply to message #1776894] Wed, 22 November 2017 16:29 Go to previous message
Christophe Rezk is currently offline Christophe RezkFriend
Hey Dimitris,

Its working fine now, my mistake was having misspelled the project name.

One last (hopefully) issue I can't get past is these errors I am getting about a link I've created that "can't be resolved or is not a field".

I don't quite understand why I'm getting these bugs with this link in particular, since its format is identical to all of my other links and they seem to be working fine.

I've attached a screenshot of the errors as well as my updated emf file.
If you get the chance to take a look, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for your response!
Previous Topic: ETL Vs Manual development
Next Topic:Error in importing Epsilon project example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 14:55:30 GMT 2024