Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » websocket and web application support in latest virgo milestone(websocket and web application support in latest virgo milestone)
websocket and web application support in latest virgo milestone [message #1754292] Thu, 16 February 2017 08:55 Go to next message
Chandre Gowda is currently offline Chandre GowdaFriend
Hello,

I am using Virgo nano full 3.6.4 version which supports websocket and webapplication which can have OSGI bundles.
However with recent milestone release (Virgo 3.7.0.RC01), i see that Virgo nano full is stopped. Also i don't see Tomcat-server.xml in Virgo nano .
what is the plan to support websocket and web application ? Could you please let me know whether OSGI web application bundle is still supported ?

[Updated on: Fri, 17 February 2017 06:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: websocket and web application support in latest virgo milestone [message #1754513 is a reply to message #1754292] Sun, 19 February 2017 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Hi,

Try Virgo Server for Apache Tomcat [1]. It supports your requirements.

Regards,
Violeta

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/virgo/deliverables/
Re: websocket and web application support in latest virgo milestone [message #1754623 is a reply to message #1754513] Tue, 21 February 2017 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chandre Gowda is currently offline Chandre GowdaFriend
Thanks for the information. We were using Virgo Nano Full because of its light weight and quick startup time. Could you please tell me why Virgo Nano Full has been discontinued.
Re: websocket and web application support in latest virgo milestone [message #1754801 is a reply to message #1754623] Wed, 22 February 2017 14:56 Go to previous message
GianMaria Romanato is currently offline GianMaria RomanatoFriend
Hi,

the Virgo team decided to discontinue VNF due to lack of resources and due to very limited interest from users.
Based on download statistics there are very few Virgo Nano Full users out there, therefore some time ago the team wrote to the forum to communicate the intention to drop that particular flavor of Virgo https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1751651/?srch=discontinue#msg_1751651

There was also the intention to discontinue the Jetty-based variant, but an individual contributor offered patches and helped with tests and as such the 3.7.0 release will also include an updated VJS.

GianMaria.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Virgo 3.7.0 on the home stretch...RC01 arrived.
Next Topic:Virgo Nano shutdown.bat throws error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:16:33 GMT 2024