Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » stand alone computer
stand alone computer [message #1725192] Tue, 01 March 2016 14:09 Go to next message
Uriel Zylbermann is currently offline Uriel ZylbermannFriend
Hi,

I am starting work on a Java project (coming from .NET I haven't touched Eclipse since my undergrad).
due to constraints from my organization, I am working on a stand-alone Intranet (not connected to the WWW), and importing things from the web is quite a hassle.

I understand that EGit is the recommended way to use Eclipse with Git, and would like to import it into our network, but I couldn't find a list of dependencies (so that I can import everything together and have it work), and do not particularly want to import something new every time I get stuck.

Is there a list of libraries/files I need to run EGit on my machine (both for 32 bit and for 64)?

Thanks in advance,
Uriel
Re: stand alone computer [message #1725233 is a reply to message #1725192] Tue, 01 March 2016 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Download the "EGit p2 repository ZIP download for system integrators" [1].
This p2 repository has the same content as http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates

So if you download that and move it to the computer which has no internet connection
you should be able to install from this archive:
- click "Help > Install New Software... > Add... > Archive..."
- select the p2 repository archive and install the EGit features you want

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/egit/download/
Re: stand alone computer [message #1726037 is a reply to message #1725233] Wed, 09 March 2016 08:04 Go to previous message
Uriel Zylbermann is currently offline Uriel ZylbermannFriend
Thank you very much Smile
Previous Topic:Temporarily hide untracked files in Synchronize and Git Staging Views
Next Topic:creating diff between 2 revisions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:39:39 GMT 2024