Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » How to Access a Tree inside a CTab?(How to Access a Tree inside a CTab?)
How to Access a Tree inside a CTab? [message #1648440] Tue, 03 March 2015 23:06 Go to next message
Saar Sagir is currently offline Saar SagirFriend
I am trying to access the tree within the CTab

index.php/fa/21057/0/

If anyone knows a way to get an instance of that tree so I can expand the nodes and access the items inside, would be greatly appreciated.
Most of the methods below works for tabs that are easy to access with a single tree such as the picture below, however they are unable to detect the tree when it is embedded inside
index.php/fa/21057/0/

Currently these are the things I have tried, each giving a Widget Not Found Invocation Error.

SWTBotTree tree = bot.tree();
SWTBotTreeItem treeNode = tree.getTreeItem("Import Data Structures Manager"); // ERROR

SWTBotView view = bot.viewByTitle("ImportDataStructuresManager.wfm"); // ERROR
view.show();
view.setFocus();

bot.tree().getTreeItem("ImportDataStructuresManager.wfm").select(); //ERROR

tree = View.getTree("ImportDataStructuresManager.wfm"); //ERROR
tree.expandNode(dbName).select(segName).contextMenu(MANAGE_SEGMENT_TITLE).click();
return true;

Any help is appreciated
  • Attachment: eclipseh.JPG
    (Size: 41.02KB, Downloaded 658 times)
  • Attachment: eclipse2.JPG
    (Size: 13.76KB, Downloaded 221 times)
Re: How to Access a Tree inside a CTab? [message #1683746 is a reply to message #1648440] Wed, 18 March 2015 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hake Huang is currently offline Hake HuangFriend
I have the same problem, and I use below code try to retrieve all controller under current shell, there is no table or tree.

ControlFinder controlFinder = new ControlFinder();
java.util.List<Widget> findControls = controlFinder.findControls(withRegex(".*"));
Re: How to Access a Tree inside a CTab? [message #1717350 is a reply to message #1683746] Fri, 11 December 2015 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shabari shetty is currently offline Shabari shettyFriend
Why don't you try using the eclipse spy view to ensure whether the element is tree or not?
Re: How to Access a Tree inside a CTab? [message #1717351 is a reply to message #1717350] Fri, 11 December 2015 23:48 Go to previous message
Shabari shetty is currently offline Shabari shettyFriend
Try this..

SWTBot editorBot = bot.editorByTitle("ImportDataStructuresManager.wfm").bot();
SWTBotTreeItem DHNode= editorBot.tree().getAllItems()[0];
Previous Topic:Injecting an object in a Context in SWTBot test
Next Topic:Not able to detect Combo box with org.eclipse.jface.fieldassist.SimpleContentProposalProvider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:01:34 GMT 2024