Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EATOP » External access to package explorer data(creating restful web service for access to modelling data)
External access to package explorer data [message #1419158] Mon, 08 September 2014 07:19
Emma Wermström is currently offline Emma WermströmFriend
Hi,

I'm using an extension to the eclipse modelling framework (https://www.eclipse.org/eatop/) to create a model using the automotive EAST-ADL modelling language. Included in eatop, there is an eatop package explorer (which is an extension of the eclipse PDF package explorer).

I would like access to the eatop package explorer data from an external web application. My idea is to create an eatop plugin with a restful web service (using embedded jetty and jersey). Using the restful web service plugin I can get internal access to the eatop package explorer using the eclipse platform API (resourcesplugin.getworkspace()... etc)

My question: Is there a better way to get external access to the eatop package explorer data than creating a restful web service? This use case assumes that the eatop eclipse application is up and running.

I would be very grateful for any helpful hints regarding this issue.
Thanks!

Emma
Previous Topic:Welcome to eclipse.eatop
Next Topic:This forum has been ARCHIVED
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:20:53 GMT 2024