Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved?
org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1383937] Tue, 27 May 2014 09:59 Go to next message
Scott Finnie is currently offline Scott FinnieFriend
Trying to build a plugin that runs an ETL transformation (per this q).

However Eclipse reports the following error on the file:

Quote:
The type org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

I've added all the epsilon engines to the manifest, as per the example:

Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ui,
 org.eclipse.core.runtime,
 org.eclipse.core.resources,
 org.eclipse.emf.ecore,
 org.eclipse.emf.emfatic.core;resolution:=optional,
 org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf,
 org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.engine,
 org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.engine,
 org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.engine,
 org.eclipse.epsilon.ecl.engine,
 org.eclipse.epsilon.eml.engine,
 org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.engine,
 org.eclipse.epsilon.ewl.engine,
 org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.engine

However that doesn't resolve it. Also doesn't show in the Eclipse "Open Type" dialogue. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1383976 is a reply to message #1383937] Tue, 27 May 2014 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Scott,

Could you please let me know which version of Epsilon you're using (stable, interim, source) so that I can investigate?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1383980 is a reply to message #1383976] Tue, 27 May 2014 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

Using http://download.eclipse.org/epsilon/updates/ as the update site, Eclipse installation details:

Epsilon Core	                        1.1.0.201309101707	org.eclipse.epsilon.core.feature.feature.group	        Eclipse.org
  Epsilon Core Development Tools	1.1.0.201309101707	org.eclipse.epsilon.core.dt.feature.feature.group	Eclipse.org
  Epsilon Development Tools for EMF	1.1.0.201309101707	org.eclipse.epsilon.emf.dt.feature.feature.group	Eclipse.org
  Epsilon EMF Integration	        1.1.0.201309101707	org.eclipse.epsilon.emf.feature.feature.group	        Eclipse.org
  Epsilon Validation Language EMF Integration	1.1.0.201309101707	org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.emf.validation.feature.feature.group	Eclipse.org
  Epsilon Wizard Language EMF Integration	1.1.0.201309101707	org.eclipse.epsilon.ewl.emf.feature.feature.group	Eclipse.org

I noticed that org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.engine_1.1.0.201309101707 is a directory containing the unzipped plugin: whereas all other Epsilon plugins are jars. Not sure if that's relevant? Apologies as I'm not overly familiar with how eclipse handles build paths.

Thanks,
Scott.
Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1383986 is a reply to message #1383980] Tue, 27 May 2014 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Scott,

I'm afraid I'm not able to reproduce this. I've downloaded a fresh copy of the Epsilon distribution from [1] (which was built using the stable update site), checked out the .standalone example from the SVN and it seems to be working fine in my machine. Could you please try with a fresh copy of the distribution and let me know how it goes?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/download/
Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1384020 is a reply to message #1383986] Tue, 27 May 2014 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris, thanks for trying.

I downloaded a fresh epsilon as you suggested (win 64 bit) and created a minimal sample project. It shows the same error - see src/epsilon/etltest/builder/EtlTest.java.

The problem seems to originate from IEolExecutableModule which I'm only using, as per the example, to parse the etl file.

Thanks again for your help, and hope I haven't done something stupid...

Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1384023 is a reply to message #1384020] Tue, 27 May 2014 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Scott,

Adding a dependency to org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.engine in MANIFEST.MF seems to be doing the trick:

Bundle-Activator: epsilon.etltest.Activator
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ui,
org.eclipse.core.runtime,
org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.engine,
org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.engine,
org.eclipse.core.resources,
org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.engine
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy

Cheers,
Dimitris

Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1384138 is a reply to message #1384023] Wed, 28 May 2014 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

That also works for me in the fresh Epsilon install. However it doesn't in my original eclipse instance (Epsilon installed into the xtUML editor).

Had a look at the build path in both installs and noticed that, despite including org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.engine in the build path, the jar didn't show up in the build path of the original. I added it as an external jar which solved the problem.

Not quite sure what's going on; don't know why adding the manifest entry didn't include the jar. However: it's working now (and I have a clean Epsilon install to double check things!).

Many thanks again for your help.

rgds,
Scott.

Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1384142 is a reply to message #1384138] Wed, 28 May 2014 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Scott,

I'm glad it works now. If you could share your misbehaving Eclipse instance somehow, I'd be happy to have a closer look at this.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1384161 is a reply to message #1384142] Wed, 28 May 2014 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Dimitris. I'll think about how to create a shareable instance and come back to you. Meantime, very grateful for all your assistance.

rgds,
Scott.
Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1384204 is a reply to message #1384161] Wed, 28 May 2014 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Scott,

You're welcome.

I've managed to reproduce this with xtUML. Upgrading to the latest interim version of Epsilon from [1] seems to be doing the trick.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/epsilon/interim/
Re: org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.IErlModule can't be resolved? [message #1384644 is a reply to message #1384204] Thu, 29 May 2014 21:47 Go to previous message
Hi Dimitris, finally got a chance to upgrade to interim. Works for me too without manually adding the jar. Great news, deeply grateful that you took time out to check in the xtUML modeller.

Kind Regards,
Scott.
Previous Topic:Epsilon Plain Xml Transformation
Next Topic:Invoking eol scripts from command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:02:46 GMT 2024