Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Need to extend PDT( How to extend PDT editor)
icon4.gif  Need to extend PDT [message #1097272] Thu, 29 August 2013 13:22 Go to next message
Pabitha Teldeniya is currently offline Pabitha TeldeniyaFriend
Hi i am hoping to extend PHP editor to detect code smells and introduce more refactoring functionalities to IDE. Is there any way i can download Eclipse plugin development project of the PDT or how can i get access to the PHP editor extension points? I'm clueless about this problem. Please help me with this. Thank you.
Re: Need to extend PDT [message #1097579 is a reply to message #1097272] Thu, 29 August 2013 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
?
Visit the PDT home page(http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/ -redirect-> http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.pdt) and move into the 'Engage' tab.
You can clone the git repository and import plugins.
Re: Need to extend PDT [message #1098006 is a reply to message #1097579] Fri, 30 August 2013 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for detail Toshihiro Izumi.
I thought of extending the existing extension points with the resources they have provided.
I know that we can add dependencies to the plugin MANIFEST file and add extension points to the plugin form the extension tab of the MANIFEST file editor. But how can we know exactly what super class we have to extend and what method we have to override?
Please send me a link where i can learn this things or any tutorial set will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Need to extend PDT [message #1098319 is a reply to message #1098006] Fri, 30 August 2013 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm guessing you are missing extension point schema.
>I know that we can add dependencies to the plugin MANIFEST file and add extension points to the plugin form the extension tab of the MANIFEST file editor.
Can you 'Show extension point description' or 'Open extension point schema'?

PDT plugins has no schema (even in 'PHP Development Tools (PDT) Source Code' feature), so you can add extension point from pdt but you cannot get any information of them. (it is a bug of pdt)
It is necessary to clone the git repository and import pdt plugins project. If you did it, you can get extension elements and details.
Re: Need to extend PDT [message #1103859 is a reply to message #1098319] Sat, 07 September 2013 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for your information sir.
I think i have done the cloning part.
what i did was. i import GIT repository using the URI
index.php/fa/16135/0/

I selected master branch for branch selection
index.php/fa/16136/0/

I used import the PDT project as a general project and here how it shows in package explorer
index.php/fa/16134/0/

But still when i created new my own plugin project and create new extension point it does not show me anything about the schema or any description about the extension point. Please help me with this problem. Thank you in advance.
Re: Need to extend PDT [message #1103889 is a reply to message #1103859] Sat, 07 September 2013 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>...
>I selected master branch for branch selection
It's good.

>I used import the PDT project as a general project and here how it shows in package explorer
It's bad.
Delete "org.eclipse.pdt" in your Package Explorer *without* 'Delete project contents on disk' option.
Then Import from git with 'Import existing projects', select org.eclipse.php.* in the next screen.

see also http://sourceforge.jp/users/atlanto/pf/eclipse/wiki/ExtendingPDT/Preparation
Re: Need to extend PDT [message #1112397 is a reply to message #1098319] Thu, 19 September 2013 16:28 Go to previous message
What is the entry for locationURI of menuContribution to add menu entry to the Texteditor context menu?
Previous Topic:Add custom menu entry to TextEditor context menu
Next Topic:Customize preference page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:00:42 GMT 2024