Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem."
Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1832784] Thu, 24 September 2020 23:45 Go to next message
Grayson Flood is currently offline Grayson FloodFriend
The full message is as follows:

"'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem.

An internal error occurred during: "Load QML Analyzer"."

If I click "Details" I get:

"An internal error occurred during: "Load QML Analyzer".
Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getContext()" because "this.engine" is null"

I'm on macOS, and I'm using Eclipse for a programming course through my university, so I'm new to the software and pretty new to programming in general, so I apologize for any lack of knowledge. I've emailed a TA about this, however this issue seems quite uncommon so it remains unresolved.

If I click "OK" on the popup I'm able to continue using Eclipse and it seems to work fine for everything I've tried to do on it so far, but the error is still annoying.

So far I've tried reinstalling JDK, as well as reinstalling Eclipse itself. My Mac had a software update I hadn't yet installed, so I tried that as well.

I'm not sure what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1832785 is a reply to message #1832784] Fri, 25 September 2020 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I suspect it's like this problem:

https://www.eclipse.org/lists/cdt-dev/msg34634.html

I.e., you are probably running with Java 15 which has yet again removed some packages/libraries that were previous available. You should have better luck running the IDE with Java 14.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1832833 is a reply to message #1832785] Fri, 25 September 2020 23:55 Go to previous message
Grayson Flood is currently offline Grayson FloodFriend
Ed Merks wrote on Fri, 25 September 2020 04:21
I suspect it's like this problem:

https://www.eclipse.org/lists/cdt-dev/msg34634.html

I.e., you are probably running with Java 15 which has yet again removed some packages/libraries that were previous available. You should have better luck running the IDE with Java 14.

That worked, thank you!
Previous Topic:Dark theme has white current line for XML editor
Next Topic:Content Assist Help!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jan 18 05:16:28 GMT 2021