Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Problem first test with Maven(Using CDO Server in AUT)
Problem first test with Maven [message #1704980] Tue, 11 August 2015 09:03 Go to next message
Marta Alvarez is currently offline Marta AlvarezFriend
Hi all,

I`m trying to integrate RCPTT tests on Jenkins with rcptt-maven-plugin for continuous integration but I'm facing a problem in Jenkins, when maven executes our AUT that runs a CDO Server at the beginning and RCPTT doesn't wait for its complete initialization (when the modal dialog "Starting Server" disappears). Instead of that, RCPTT closes by default all dialogs at the beginning. Is there any option or configuration to override this behaviour? Can we wait for this dialog or for any dialog instead of closing them?

Is it possible that rcptt-maven-plugin waits for a process?
PS: I tried putting a script context try catch in the first launching test but sometimes fail. I tested with delay times too with the same result

Regards,

Marta Alvarez
Re: Problem first test with Maven [message #1705002 is a reply to message #1704980] Tue, 11 August 2015 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeevan Rex is currently offline Jeevan RexFriend
Hi,

Is "mvn clean install" working without Jenkins? In Jenkins you need to have xvnc enabled for your job. Jenkins needs to support GUI.

You can sequence Maven processes by having your server initialization as the first process and rcptt as the second.

Here is an example for maven sequencing http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31509817/how-to-copy-files-and-directories-using-maven-as-post-build-or-pre-build-in-a-sp where you have to give server initialization instead of copy.

Thank you
Re: Problem first test with Maven [message #1705010 is a reply to message #1705002] Tue, 11 August 2015 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jeevan,

Thanks for reply

The cdo servers runs internally in the AUT and I can't separate it
I don't have xvnc in Jenkins because I have a Jenkins slave which execute the tests in a remote machine.
With maven (without Jenkins) doesn't work too
If I use another AUT (without cdo servers) tests don't fail.

Regards,

Marta Alvarez
Re: Problem first test with Maven [message #1705062 is a reply to message #1705010] Tue, 11 August 2015 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeevan Rex is currently offline Jeevan RexFriend
Hi Marta,

XVNC is just a Jenkins plugin. You need it to run GUI in the Jenkins server. As RCPTT uses GUI, you might need that plugin.

Regarding server issue, take a look into this issue: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1068641/ - is it similar? Because in this also I am using a server to download the data first and then run my test. Here also it doesn't work for me. I am waiting for a solution from the community. Let me know if you find any.

Thank you
Jeevan
Re: Problem first test with Maven [message #1705136 is a reply to message #1705062] Wed, 12 August 2015 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
The tests run before the dialog close it. While the dialog is opened, those tests failed (RCPTT try to close the dialog).
I attached the dialog and the error.

Thanks for reply Jeevan,

The AUT runs on Windows. I use a slave node with JNLP which runs in a remote machine with windows. (I don't need XVNC plugin).
wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Distributed+builds

The issue https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1068641/ is not the same because the tests don't hang but I think it is related to the initial context.

Regards,
Marta Alvarez.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2015 11:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem first test with Maven [message #1711276 is a reply to message #1705136] Wed, 14 October 2015 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I tested with the last version (2.1.0) but still not working.
This behaviour is reported in other issue? What it will resolved it?

Thanks in advance,

Marta Álvarez.
Re: Problem first test with Maven [message #1711345 is a reply to message #1711276] Thu, 15 October 2015 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo Luciani is currently offline Angelo LucianiFriend

Try to compare my pom.xml file with yours
https://github.com/angeloluciani/rcp/blob/master/MyRCPTTTeatProject/pom.xml
Check also the setting.xml related your Maven.

"Ce sont les petits désirs qui rendent un jeune homme hardi."
Giovanni Giacomo Casanova
Re: Problem first test with Maven [message #1711448 is a reply to message #1711276] Fri, 16 October 2015 08:15 Go to previous message
Benito Cuesta is currently offline Benito CuestaFriend
Hi Marta,

I have the same problem than you. My tests run on Jenkins in a Windows Machine. My RCP start with a modal window, and the test fail because RCPTT can not close the modal window or wait to modal window is closed.

Curiously, if i don't use rpctt maven plugin and run the test interactively with RCPT Tool, I have no problem, so hope that the problem is fixed soon.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Issues when creating second RCPTT Project on same AUT in Eclipse (Not visible, NPE)
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Exception in thread "Output Stream Monitor" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:26:22 GMT 2024