Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » AUT is getting hanged up and gets timed out randomly
AUT is getting hanged up and gets timed out randomly [message #1702257] Tue, 21 July 2015 06:49 Go to next message
Jeevan Rex is currently offline Jeevan RexFriend
Hi,

I have some 15 test cases. The AUT gets hang randomly. Often just after restart of the aut or checking out some data from server. Also it happens randomly when it switches between contexts. I am not able to point out a specific time when this happens.

What will be the issue? I am able to do this without RCPTT, but when using RCPTT this issue appears and it happens very often. Is anyone else facing this issue and is there a solution? How can I debug this?

This is one of the scenario which gets hanged randomly which I have noticed
proc "has-item" [val tree -input] [val titem] {
	try {
		$tree | get-item $titem
		bool true // return true
	} -catch {
		bool false // return false
	}
}
if [get-view "Resource Navigator" | get-tree | has-item "QTa" ]{
log "abc item exist"
} -else {
get-menu "Databank/Checkout Composite Tag" | click
with [get-window "Checkout Composite Tag Wizard"] {
    get-button "Next >" | click
    get-table | select "test server master"
    with [get-window "Authentication required"] {
        with [get-combo -after [get-label Username]] {
            set-text jeevan
            key-type "TRAVERSE_TAB_NEXT"
        }
        get-editbox -after [get-label Password] | set-text [decrypt "8g="]
        get-button OK | click
    }
    get-button "Next >" | click
    get-combo | select "Masrer_Test_Data (created by: super @Tue May 26 19:35:44 PDT 2015)"
    get-button "Clear All" | click
    with [get-table] {
        get-item "QTa1.1" | check
        select "QTa1.1" | get-item "QTa1.1" | check
        select "QTa1.1"
    }
    get-button Finish | click
// It's Hanging here
}}

This code is in AUT Context where we can write a AUT code. After this I have a context to switch perspective. It is not even entering that context. It goes on playing this context itself.
In log I found something like this:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.rcptt.runtime.ui 1 0 2015-07-21 00:41:36.629
!MESSAGE Tesla server started on port 7003
java.lang.Exception: Bad call to getCoolBarManager()
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.getCoolBarManager(WorkbenchWindow.java:2634)
	at org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.ui.Q7KeyFormatter.installQ7Formatter(Q7KeyFormatter.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.ui.SWTTeslaStartup.earlyStartup(SWTTeslaStartup.java:18)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.runEarlyStartup(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.run(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$55.run(Workbench.java:2555)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

Kindly let me know.

Thank you
Jeevan

[Updated on: Tue, 21 July 2015 07:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: AUT is getting hanged up and gets timed out randomly [message #1702411 is a reply to message #1702257] Wed, 22 July 2015 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

Could you please attach AUT log files (how to get it) and the whole RCPTT log (in rcptt workspace) after hanging?
Have you tried to increase -Xmx AUT parameter? For that you can select AUT in Applications view, click "Configure...", click "Advance..." and change it in Arguments tab.
As I understand, that context sets workspace initial state, please correct me if I'm wrong. Why don't you use workspace context for that purpose?

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: AUT is getting hanged up and gets timed out randomly [message #1702573 is a reply to message #1702411] Thu, 23 July 2015 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Olga,

You are right that workspace context will do the job. But in my application we have a custom "Resource Navigator" which is different from the Eclipse "Project Explorer". Our "Resource Navigator" isn't syncing properly with "Project Explorer" and that is the reason why I am using this code in a ECL context instead of using a workpsace context.

Yes, I have tried to increase the memory limit of the AUT but it did not help. Also I can see through "top" that it isn't using much memory or cpu. That is why I don't suspect that memory is an issue.

I have found that it hangs in very specific locations. For example: In the above given code, which is in an ECL Script Context, it doesn't enter the next context

I have attached the log files for the AUT in two different scenario. PFA.

Thank you
Jeevan
  • Attachment: log_rcptt.txt
    (Size: 69.53KB, Downloaded 177 times)
  • Attachment: log.txt
    (Size: 21.84KB, Downloaded 184 times)
Re: AUT is getting hanged up and gets timed out randomly [message #1702580 is a reply to message #1702573] Thu, 23 July 2015 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hi,

Thank you for additional details!
It will take some time to investigate it.
Is it correct, that ECL context fails by timeout when application hangs up?
Could you please wait until test execution is failed and send us Details from Execution view and HTML-report?
To get HTML report click "Report" in Execution view -> choose HTML format and set location-> Finish.
Please let me know if you have any questions!

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: AUT is getting hanged up and gets timed out randomly [message #1702594 is a reply to message #1702580] Thu, 23 July 2015 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The application (AUT) doesn't hang as far as I see it. But RCPTT is keep on trying to do something not going to next step. When it is keep on running, I tried to click menus and other widgets in my AUT and they are working fine. Which means there is no issue in AUT.

I have attached the files also console.log of rcptt in this. PFA.

Thank you
Jeevan

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2015 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: AUT is getting hanged up and gets timed out randomly [message #1703669 is a reply to message #1702594] Tue, 04 August 2015 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have a new log file attached PFA.

It is taken on the same scenario that is given in my ECL command above.

Before I checkout data I can see the following content in the log.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2015-08-03 03:57:33.505
!MESSAGE While loading class "org.eclipse.rcptt.reporting.core.ReportHelper", thread "Thread[main,6,main]" timed out waiting (5008ms) for thread "Thread[Worker-1,5,main]" to finish starting bundle "org.eclipse.rcptt.reporting_2.0.0.201506110605 [464]". To avoid deadlock, thread "Thread[main,6,main]" is proceeding but "org.eclipse.rcptt.reporting.core.ReportHelper" may not be fully initialized.
!STACK 0!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2015-08-03 03:57:33.505
!MESSAGE While loading class "org.eclipse.rcptt.reporting.core.ReportHelper", thread "Thread[main,6,main]" timed out waiting (5008ms) for thread "Thread[Worker-1,5,main]" to finish starting bundle "org.eclipse.rcptt.reporting_2.0.0.201506110605 [464]". To avoid deadlock, thread "Thread[main,6,main]" is proceeding but "org.eclipse.rcptt.reporting.core.ReportHelper" may not be fully initialized.

After checkout has happened I find
ENTRY org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core 4 0 2015-08-03 04:05:41.409
!MESSAGE Result is already set for click
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Result is already set for click
       at org.eclipse.rcptt.reporting.core.ReportHelper$2.apply(ReportHelper.java:146)

It is not fully initialized in the first message. Since it is an issue with threads and deadlock, it is very expected to be not fully reproducible.

Let me know how to solve this.

Thank you,
Jeevan
  • Attachment: log.log
    (Size: 50.47KB, Downloaded 110 times)
Re: AUT is getting hanged up and gets timed out randomly [message #1709553 is a reply to message #1703669] Tue, 29 September 2015 09:21 Go to previous message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Jeevan,

Could you please try RCPTT 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT and check if the issue still exists?

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Previous Topic:multiple RCPTT projects
Next Topic:Window 0xa00003 (Eclipse) sets an MWM hint indicating it isn't resizable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:33:38 GMT 2024