Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Windows Install - change Userhome relocation of .jubula (logs not changed)(How can i point jubula to a different directory as "home")
Windows Install - change Userhome relocation of .jubula (logs not changed) [message #1702295] Tue, 21 July 2015 12:25 Go to next message
Daniel Mising name is currently offline Daniel Mising nameFriend
Hi Everyone!

first of all: Everything under the ==== dashes is already fixed(down below) ... i left it as search-bait for others that might find it helpful Smile

I was able to relocate the Eclipse-Platform data that is stored in %USERPROFILE%\.jubula to C:\jubula_homedir by configuring a

-configuration
C:\jubula_homedir\configuration

into my jubula.ini.

Any ideas how to change that client.log and rc_rcp.log are still getting created in %USERPROFILE%\.jubula\logs? Would be really neat to be able to relocate everything to one directory (e.g.: C:\jubula_homedir\logs) (H2 DB would propably also still get created in %USERPROFILE%\jubula?) ... is there an ENV_Var i could set or smth like that?

Greetings and hopefully TIA
Daniel

==========================================================

I was would like to ask for a list of the files that would need to be edited (also nice would be info about the needed changes in each file) to archieve the following: (also please FIRST read the PS'es ... as i was able to already fix

In my quest to free up my quota'ed Windows-Homedirectory in C:\Users\xyz i would like to relocate the .jubula directory which gets conveniently placed inside my %USERPROFILE% at install-time.

I suppose i need to edit some parameters in

- $installdir\jubula\jubula.ini and/or
- $installdir\jubula\configuration\config.ini and/or
- the commandline-args to run jubula.exe

?

Let's say for example i would like to instruct jubula to use as replacement for Homedir a Directory which is located at: C:\jubula_homedir ... this should be the replacement for C:\Users\xyz\.jubula ... in which files would i need to change what?

Greetings
Daniel

P.S.: I did search for this beforehand, most relevant search result amounts to this: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/209192/ and https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/313944/
Re: Windows Install - change Userhome relocation of .jubula (logs not changed) [message #1702438 is a reply to message #1702295] Wed, 22 July 2015 10:55 Go to previous message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

since I don´t have any experience in the subject described I cannot give you any hints. By the way I am also not sure if Jubula is intended to support this. But maybe someone else from the community has an idea.
Regards
Oliver
Previous Topic:Current news regarding Jubula Development
Next Topic:Starting AUT failing with error.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:24:01 GMT 2024