[wtp-dev] Thank you for jarring plugins

Hi,

Thanks to the people who have been jarring plugins since 0.7! Even though we've added about 30 infopop and other plugins to the build, the 30 or so plugins that were jarred appear to have caused WTP's overall size and disk footprint to drop. Take a look at the 0.7 and (current) numbers below:

files: 3015 (2103)
folders: 589 (498)
disk space: 60.4Mb (58.2Mb)
time to unzip on my machine: 31s (27s)

It still looks like there are about 60 plugins that could be jarred, which would create additional savings with relatively little effort. Do we have a plan to resolve this, or can the teams with unjarred plugins please commit to looking at this in M9?

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)