[wtp-dev] Minutes of WTP Status Telecon, 2005-07-14

Note: I am resending this since the original didn't get posted.

See WTP Status Telecons [1] for more information.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/status-telecons/index.html

Attendees:
Amy Wu, Arthur Ryman, Chris Brealey, Chuck Bridgham, Craig Salter, David Williams, Der-Ping Chou, Jeffrey Liu, Jill Maclem, John Lanuti, Keith Chong, Larry Dunnell, Lawrence Mandel, Naci Dai, Nitin Dahyabhai, Paul Meijer, Phil Avery, Raghu Srinivasan, Sheila Sholars, Susan Yeshin, Ted Bashor, Tim deBoer, Tim Wagner

Minutes

1. Approval of Minutes - Arthur Ryman

Are there any corrections to last week's minutes? [1]

No corrections. Minutes approved.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-dev/msg02053.html

2. RC1 Status/Vote - Tim Wagner

All component leads should be prepared to vote on RC1 release. Recall the exit criteria for RC1which are described in the Endgame Rampdown Plan [1]. These are:

Prior to initial RC:
  • All P1 bugs addressed, all P2 bugs reviewed for fix need prior to RC cut
July 13:
  • RC1 produced
  • Only non-destabilizing bug fixes, P3 and above. User impact and cosmetic fixes only will be approved; no API changes
  • All checkins must have Bugzilla entry
  • Component lead must code review and approve all fixes (enter into Bugzilla record and checkin notes)

At present we have 1 P1 bug unresolved [2]:
103065 blo P1 PC gilberta@xxxxxxxxxx kelvinhc@xxxxxxxxxx NEW jst.ws WSExplorer does not show any input field in the form view

Chris - I vote No. I'd like to release a fix for 102364 in addition to 103065.
Tim D - I'd like to see Chris's fix released.
Craig - I vote Go.
Chuck - I vote No. I'd like to release a fix for 103807 to correct a JUnit failure.
David - I vote No. We have an  NPE in creating a JSP, 103867. Also 103662 is a deadlock, but I don't have a fix in hand. We may have a fix by 6pm. for NPE and be able to finish the deadlock assessment but we may have to defer that to RC2.
Der-Ping - I vote No. We have 2 fixes to release: 103278, 101720
Tim W - I suggest that we release the 5 fixes that are available.
David - I like suggestion of respinnning now and verifying the JUnits. Then possibly add other 2 other fixes for an overnight build.
Naci - I agree we should respin now with the available fixes.

Arthur - Summary we will realease the 5 availbale fixes now and rebuild the RC1 candidate. Release these fixes by 4:00PM EDT. David will confirm that fixes have been released vis pserver then start the new build. If David has fixes available later, we'll rebuild again.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-dev/msg02018.html

[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=Web+Tools&priority=P1&version=0.7

3. Review of Open Action Items - Arthur Ryman

Refer to Bugzilla [1].

102763 nor P3 PC deboer@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW jst.j2ee [action] All Component Owners to Add Rationale to Defered...  see Jeff's.
102767 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW jst.j2ee [action] All Component Owners to Ask Reporters to Verify ...  at 530, down by 100.
103698 nor P3 PC nitind@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW wst.sse [action] All WTP Developers Should Verify Their Resolved ...  ok to for developers to verify
102759 nor P3 PC jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW wst.sse [action] John to Verify Sachin's Resolved Bugs By 2005-07-08  close
103699 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW releng [action] Set up continuous map builds. Done. David and Naci did this.

102763 - See discussion below on deferred serious bugs. Der-Ping is in the lead with 13 (some misclassified). Tim D is transferring the baton to him.

102767 - The backlog is down to 530 (100 less than last week). To reduce this further, WTP developers now have approval to verify bugs reported by community members. J2EE remains in the lead with 73.

103698 -  David is the current leader with 10 to verify,

102759 -  John completed this action. [CLOSED]

103699 - David and Naci have completed this action. [CLOSED]

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=%5Baction%5D&product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

4. RC2 Plan/Bug Status - Jeffrey Liu

We need to stabilize the code, which means we need to limit changes to high priority problems only. Recall the RC2 plan:

July 22:
  • RC2 produced
  • P1/2 only can be addressed
  • All checkins must have Bugzilla entry
  • Component lead and PMC member must code review and approve
  • Changes communicated to wtp-dev mailing list

1. Review of P1/P2 bugs (by owner)

Chris - OK. I am fixing 1 P2 in RC1 and am raising the priority of a few more for RC2.
Craig - OK.
David - 4 of 5 are OK (the 2.1 editor conflict is more difficult)
Tim - 1 +  4 others. OK for 4 of 5.
Craig for Ella - This is a performance issue, but not serious. I'll investigate.
Jeff - OK.
Chuck for Michael - OK, will also move up some others.
Nitin - Both are under investigation and may be large fixes.
Chris for Rupam - This will go into RC1
Chuck for Vijay -  Need to investigate.

2. Review of deferred serious bugs -

Jeff - We have 45 that have no justification. Can we handle these by next meeting?
Der-Ping (with 13)  - This query includes some new bugs. These can be resolved in RC2.
Lawrence (with 5) - OK.
Phil (with 5) - OK
Naci for Gerkam (with 4). I'll investgiate since Gorkem is on vacation.

3. If time permits
        resolved bugs backlog
        inbox bugs backlog

Timed out.

Refer to [1] for reports.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/bugs/bugs.html

5. Other Items - Open

Congratulations to our newest committer, Dirk Le Roux of Versant.

Oracle will be joining WTP and be leading a JSF incubator subproject. Raghu Srinivasan will lead the  subproject and join the PMC. Watch the Web site for details.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411