[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Do you have any future plans as dsdp-tm committer?

Martin,

I don't have any immediate plans to be reactive as a committer soon, so
it's ok with me.

Thanks,

Kushal Munir
System i Team Collaboration Tools
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Oberhuber,
             Martin"
             <Martin.Oberhuber                                          To
             @windriver.com>           Kushal Munir/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
                                                                        cc
             02/22/2008 06:10          "Gaff, Doug"
             AM                        <doug.gaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Target
                                       Management developer discussions"
                                       <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Do you have any future plans as
                                       dsdp-tm committer?

Hi Kushal,

about a year ago, you informed me that you're taking up
other responsibilities at IBM and won't be available much
any more for the Open Source DSDP-TM project.

Of course we had to accept this, but given that you have
a lot of insight on RSE and the underlying technology
I had hoped that you'd keep in touch with the project and
be available for occasional questions and the like. So
I wanted that you keep your committer status on DSDP-TM.

Unfortunately, however, you have not joined any committer
meetings since, not been active on the newsgroup or mailing
list and - what's most important - not taken part in any
elections that we held on the mailing list.

Taking part in elections is a very important part of your
duties as committer, since failure to do so delays decisions
due to our charter. Based on our charter, which requires
involvement and activity from committers, and based on
the expressed wish of the EMO to keep committer lists
active, I thus feel obliged to ask you  resign as committer
on dsdp-tm.

Would that be OK for you, or do you have any current /
future plans for further work on dsdp-tm? If you think that
you might get avtive again soon, I'd be ok with keeping
your committer status under one precondition: that at
the very least you take part in elections on the list, at
least by voting "0" in time such that the votes are not
delayed.

Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top