SWT Development Tools
The SWT Development Tools described in this page are available from the SWT Tools Update Sites
JniGen is a tool that generates JNI wrappers for creating the SWT Platform Interface (PI).
For more information on how to generate the JNI code, see this tutorial.
Sleak is a simple tool that monitors the creation and disposal of SWT graphics resources.
- After installing the Sleak plug-in (above):
- Create an empty options file with the following lines in it:
- Launch Eclipse with the "-debug OPTIONS" where OPTIONS is the path to the options file created.
- Open the SWT Sleak view (Window > Show View > Other ... > SWT Tools > Sleak)
- The plug-in monitors all other plug-ins running in its Eclipse environment.
SWT Spy plug-in for Eclipse is a simple tool that prints out
information about the widget under the cursor. Currently, this includes
style, layout and parent information.
- After installing the Spy plug-in (above):
- Open the SWT Spy view (Window > Show View > Other ... > SWT Tools > SWT Spy).
- Enable collection of info by clicking on the "Monitor" button in Spy view.
- Move cursor over the control of interest and see data printed in Spy view.
- To start or stop data collection while over a control, toggle the monitor action using CONTROL+ALT+SHIFT+".".