Eclipse Community Awards Winners Announced
ECLIPSECON 2009, SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 24, 2009 The Eclipse Foundation announced the winners of its annual Eclipse Community Awards, which recognize the top individuals and products in the Eclipse community, yesterday on Monday, March 23, 2009. Recipients were honored at an awards ceremony yesterday on the opening day of EclipseCon 2009.
The Individual Awards acknowledge people that have given time and resources to make Eclipse a better community. Winners were selected by their peers in an online vote. The selection of the Top Newcomer Evangelist award was based on the individual that answered the most questions raised on the eclipse.newcomer newsgroup.
- Top Ambassador: Nick Boldt
- The finalists are Mik Kersten and Tom Schindl.
- Top Committer: Paul Webster
- The finalists are Martin Oberhuber and Jason Weathersby.
- Top Contributor: Benjamin Cabé
- The finalists are Dave Carver and Tom Schindl.
- Top Newcomer Evangelist: Ed Merks
- The finalists are Nick Boldt and Walter Harley.
The Technology Awards recognize both Eclipse-based open source projects and commercial products. Winners were selected by a panel of judges from the Eclipse community. Nominated developer tools, Equinox applications and RCP applications were evaluated on their user interfaces, innovation and comprehensiveness.
- Best Commercial Eclipse-Based Developer Tool: Instantiations WindowBuilder Pro (www.instantiations.com/windowbuilder)
- Best Open Source Eclipse-Based Developer Tool: Acceleo (www.acceleo.org)
- Best Commercial Equinox Application: ProSyst mBedded Server Smart Home Extension (www.prosyst.com/products/osgi_ext_smart.html)
- Best Open Source Equinox Application: ModuleFusion (www.modulefusion.org)
- The finalist is VIF - Virtual Forum (vif.sourceforge.net).
- Best Commercial RCP Application: Chord Scale Generator (www.pluck-n-play.com)
- The finalists are ECR - Enregistrement Centralisé en Réseau (www.anyware-tech.com/en/st/eclipse_platform/ecr_rcp_application.html) and NeTS - Network-wide Track Management System (demos.netcetera.ch/nets).
- Best Open Source RCP Application: Apache Directory Studio (directory.apache.org/studio)
- The finalist is MAEviz (mae.cee.uiuc.edu/software_and_tools/maeviz.html).
About the Eclipse Foundation
Eclipse is an open source community, whose projects are focused on building an open development platform comprised of extensible frameworks, tools and runtimes for building, deploying and managing software across the lifecycle. A large, vibrant ecosystem of major technology vendors, innovative start-ups, universities and research institutions and individuals extend, complement and support the Eclipse Platform.
The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects. Full details of Eclipse and the Eclipse Foundation are available at www.eclipse.org.
All company/product names and service marks may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Page One PR for Eclipse Foundation