Eclipse Community Awards 2013
The Eclipse Community Awards recognize the best of the Eclipse community. Individuals, projects
and technologies may be nominated by anyone in each category. To nominate, you must log in with a
Bugzilla account. Self nominations are welcome.
- Top Committer - The Eclipse committer who best exemplifies support for the community through code contributions, fixing bugs, forum and mailing list posts, conference presentations, blogs and other areas.
- Top Newcomer Evangelist - The individual who best welcomes new people into the Eclipse community through the Newcomers forum, blogging, creating resources like demos and tutorials, participating in Eclipse groups on social media sites and IRC.
- Most Innovative New Feature or Project - A feature added in 2012 to an existing project hosted by the Eclipse Foundation or a new Eclipse project introduced in 2012 that is used and loved by the community.
- Most Open Project - A project hosted by the Eclipse Foundation that best exemplifies the openness, transparency and diversity expected of great open source projects.
- Best Application - An application that illustrates the most innovative use of Eclipse technology.
- Best Developer Tool - A commercial or open source product that provides an innovative, high quality tool for software developers.
- Best Developer Plugin - A commercial or open source plugin that provides an innovative, high quality functionality for software developers. A plugin usually adds a single functionality to Eclipse, as opposed to a tool which is a complete product.
- Best Modeling Product - An Eclipse-based product that best addresses the needs of the modeling industry.
The Individual and Project Award winners will be determined by a vote of the community. Each person will
get to vote once per category from January 28, 2013 - February 22, 2013, 5:00 pm EST.
Award winners will be determined by a panel of judges selected from Eclipse-oriented editors and
Eclipse project leaders. The panel of judges will determine winners based on a majority vote.
See the Past Winners of the Eclipse Community Awards
Eclipse is a large, vibrant community of many well-deserving individuals. Therefore, to ensure
diversity of award winners, we have decided that nominees are not eligible in any category
they have already won in the previous 3 years. Nominees can also only win one category per
year. There are certainly many deserving of multiple awards, however we would like to
acknowledge others also worthy of recognition.
- Nominations open - December 10, 2012
- Nominations close - January 24, 2013
- Voting begins for Individual & Project Awards - January 28, 2013
- Voting ends for Individual & Project Awards - February 22, 2013 at 5:00 pm EST
- Finalists Announced - March 8, 2013
- Winners Announced at EclipseCon - March 26, 2013