Eclipse Foundation Community Awards Announcement
Eclipse Community Awards Winners Announced
ECLIPSECON 2008, SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 18, 2008 The Eclipse Foundation today announced the winners of
its annual Eclipse Community Awards, which recognize the top individuals and products in the Eclipse community. Recipients were
honored at an awards ceremony yesterday on the opening day of EclipseCon 2008.
The Individual Awards acknowledge people that have given time and resources to make Eclipse a better community. Winners were selected by their peers in an online vote. The selection of the Top Newcomer Evangelist award was based on the individual that answered the most questions raised on the eclipse.newcomer newsgroup.
- Top Ambassador: Ed Merks.
- The finalist is Jeff McAffer.
- Top Committer: Chris Aniszczyk.
- The finalists are Mik Kersten and Paul Webster.
- Top Contributor: Remy Chi Jian Suen.
- The finalist is Jacek Pospychala.
- Top Newcomer Evangelist: Eric Rizzo.
- The finalists are Mark Dexter and Walter Harley.
The Technology Awards recognize both Eclipse-based open source projects and commercial products. Winners were selected by a panel of judges from the Eclipse community. Nominated developer tools, Equinox applications and RCP applications were evaluated on their user interfaces, innovation and comprehensiveness.
- Best Commercial Eclipse-Based Developer Tool: Wind River Workbench (http://www.windriver.com/products/development_suite/).
- The finalists are Nexaweb Studio (http://www.nexaweb.com/home/us/index.html@cid=2301.html) and Polarion ALM Team for Subversion (http://www.polarion.com/products/alm/team.php).
- Best Open Source Eclipse-Based Developer Tool: EclEmma (http://www.eclemma.org).
- The finalist is Spring IDE (http://springide.org/blog).
- Best Commercial Equinox Application: CYRANO (http://www.bandxi.com/cyrano/index.html).
- The finalist is BusinessReport Studio (http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/products/index.php?productid=3).
- Best Commercial RCP Application: XMIND 2008 (http://www.xmind.org/us/).
- The finalist is openVXML (http://www.openmethods.com/products.php).
- Best Open Source RCP Application: MyTourbook (http://mytourbook.sourceforge.net/mytourbook/).
- The finalist is Apache Directory Studio (http://directory.apache.org/studio).
About the Eclipse Foundation
Eclipse is an open source community whose projects are focused on providing an extensible development platform and application frameworks for building software. Eclipse provides extensible tools and frameworks that span the software development lifecycle, including support for modeling, language development environments for Java, C/C++ and others, testing and performance, business intelligence, rich client applications and embedded development. A large, vibrant ecosystem of major technology vendors, innovative start-ups, universities and research institutions and individuals extend, complement and support the Eclipse Platform.
The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects. Full details of Eclipse and the Eclipse Foundation are available at www.eclipse.org.
All company/product names and service marks may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Page One PR