Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Data Extraction from Report Using Data Cubes
Data Extraction from Report Using Data Cubes [message #985172] Thu, 15 November 2012 07:53 Go to next message
Kelly Wang is currently offline Kelly Wang
Messages: 5
Registered: October 2012
Junior Member
I could not extract data (DataExtractionTask) from report cross tab elements using data cubes. I have enabled cube export by using function setCubeExportEnabled.

When I print all the available elements display name, only the name of data cube in use is included, instead of all report elements (cross tab, chart). And I can not extract it and get data. It throws "Result set not found" error.

But I can successfully extract data from report with table and chart elements only.


Anyone got an idea of how to do it? I really stuck here now.

Thx in advance.


==== update =====

I just found this, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177118
Data Extraction supporting Cube is a request here.
In comments, someone said that this is supported since 2.5.0.
Can anybody share some codes about how to do it?

It will really help me a lot, still struggling here.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 November 2012 09:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Data Extraction from Report Using Data Cubes [message #985761 is a reply to message #985172] Thu, 15 November 2012 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

I do not believe this currently works. Can you add a comment to the bug?
BTW you may also want to have a look at this:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/295039/

Jason
Re: Data Extraction from Report Using Data Cubes [message #985819 is a reply to message #985172] Fri, 16 November 2012 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kelly Wang is currently offline Kelly Wang
Messages: 5
Registered: October 2012
Junior Member
Hi, Jason.
Thanks for the reply.

I didn't try the the approach mentioned in the above thread. But I finally went for this workaround. Instead of extracting directly from data cube, I just extract from the primary data set by creating a new table element with data binding to it and hiding it. It is just all the aggregation etc needs to be handled additionally.

Hope that this bug could be fixed in the future release, since there is already a setCubeExportEnabled for data extraction task.


[Updated on: Fri, 16 November 2012 09:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Data Extraction from Report Using Data Cubes [message #988706 is a reply to message #985819] Sat, 01 December 2012 17:52 Go to previous message
Pit Garbe is currently offline Pit Garbe
Messages: 1
Registered: December 2012
Junior Member
I'm stuck with the same problem. I can't get to the data of the cross-tab.
If I setCubeExportEnabled to true, I get one resultSet back with the name of the data cube.
But to run the extract()-method of the IDataExtractionTask I tried setting the selected result set with selectResultSet(<name of data cube>), but then I get:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Result set not found.


Everything works fine with other report item types that use data sets instead of cubes.

All I need is the data that BIRT generates for the cross-tab. Oh well.
Previous Topic:Meter Chart - Set regions at runtime from Series data
Next Topic:How To add a report item
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Sep 18 01:37:36 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01832 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software