Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Iterate over data cube from java application(Iterate over data cube from java application)
Iterate over data cube from java application [message #802770] Mon, 20 February 2012 07:22 Go to next message
Rohit Lambi is currently offline Rohit Lambi
Messages: 16
Registered: December 2011
Junior Member
Jason,

I want to iterate over a data cube from java application. Is there any example/s of the same ?

I have gone through org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.olap and javax.olap.cursor package but I am not getting where to start from

Also, I tried to extract data from crosstab using data extraction task but it throws an exception
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Result set not found

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Mon, 20 February 2012 09:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Iterate over data cube from java application [message #803651 is a reply to message #802770] Tue, 21 February 2012 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Do you mean iterate over the design of the cube?

Jason

On 2/20/2012 7:22 AM, Rohit Lambi wrote:
> hi, I want to iterate over a data cube from java application. Is there
> any example/s of the same ?
> I have gone through org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.olap package but I am
> not getting where to start from
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Re: Iterate over data cube from java application [message #804051 is a reply to message #803651] Wed, 22 February 2012 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit Lambi is currently offline Rohit Lambi
Messages: 16
Registered: December 2011
Junior Member
Jason,

thanks for the reply. what I am doing is, designing cubes
from birt report designer and I want this cube in my application
after running the report as a multidimensional datastructure
where I can use it.

And I want to tell you that I am not using rendering provided by birt.

I have gone through the javadoc api of

org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.olap

but I am not getting where to start from,
so please shed some light on it.

Thank you

[Updated on: Wed, 22 February 2012 01:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Iterate over data cube from java application [message #804444 is a reply to message #804051] Wed, 22 February 2012 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

I do not have an example of doing this.

Jason

On 2/22/2012 1:05 AM, Rohit Lambi wrote:
> Jason,
>
> thanks for the reply. what I am doing is, designing cubes from birt
> report designer and I want this cube in my application after running the
> report as a multidimensional datastructure where I can use it.
> And I want to tell you that I am not using rendering provided by birt.
>
> I have gone through the javadoc api of
> org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.olap
> but I am not getting where to start from, so please shed some light on
> it. Thank you
Re: Iterate over data cube from java application [message #804876 is a reply to message #804444] Thu, 23 February 2012 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit Lambi is currently offline Rohit Lambi
Messages: 16
Registered: December 2011
Junior Member
Jason,

But at least can you please guide me in doing this.
I am seriously stuck Sad and I cant go further. I am continuously on it
but still unable to find a way out of it. There are many
classes in org.eclipse.birt.data.engine where one
can play with cube but how to get a runtime handle of Cube
defined in the report and
org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.olap.query.view has a class BirtCubeView
how to create BirtCubeView of the retrieved cube handle ?

Thank You Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 23 February 2012 02:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Iterate over data cube from java application [message #806283 is a reply to message #804876] Fri, 24 February 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Rohit,

I have not worked in the cube area but you may want to look at
DataPresentationEngine.java in the
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte package. There is a method in
the class called doExecuteCube. This essentially returns the results of
the cube and then look at BIRTCubeResultSetEvaluator.java in teh
org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem package to see an example of how the
chart engine iterates the cube.

Jason

On 2/23/2012 12:09 AM, Rohit Lambi wrote:
> Jason,
>
> But at least can you please guide me in doing this. I am seriously stuck
> :( and I cant go further. I am continuously on it
> but still unable to find a way out of it. There are many classes in
> org.eclipse.birt.data.engine where one can play with cube but how to get
> a runtime handle of Cube defined in the report ?
>
> Thank You :(
Re: Iterate over data cube from java application [message #809151 is a reply to message #806283] Tue, 28 February 2012 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit Lambi is currently offline Rohit Lambi
Messages: 16
Registered: December 2011
Junior Member
Jason,

I have gone through DataPresentationEngine.java in the
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte package.

Also I have traversed the flow of method calls of render() of RenderTask which makes use of doExecuteCube() of DataPresentationEngine.java

I will be using RunTask to run and create .rptdocument file.

Now, what I want is to create a method getCubeResult() which returns CubeResultSet
and which will have the same code of doExecuteCube() method of DataPresentationEngine.java

For this I require the references to ExecutionContext and DataRequestSession which I am unable to do so.

Can you please point us to the class / API which can give me the ExecutionContext or any other option via which I can access the cube information.






Re: Iterate over data cube from java application [message #809663 is a reply to message #809151] Wed, 29 February 2012 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Can you try

for ExecutionContext new ExecutionContext()
and for DataRequestSession
DataRequestSession session = DataRequestSession.newSession( new
DataSessionContext( DataSessionContext.MODE_DIRECT_PRESENTATION ) );

How are you getting: ICubeQueryDefinition query ?


Jason

On 2/28/2012 9:37 AM, Rohit Lambi wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I have gone through DataPresentationEngine.java in the
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte package.
>
> Also I have traversed the flow of method calls of render() of RenderTask
> which makes use of doExecuteCube() of DataPresentationEngine.java
> I will be using RunTask to run and create .rptdocument file.
>
> Now, what I want is to create a method getCubeResult() which returns
> CubeResultSet and which will have the same code of doExecuteCube()
> method of DataPresentationEngine.java
> For this I require the references to ExecutionContext and
> DataRequestSession which I am unable to do so.
>
> Can you please point us to the class / API which can give me the
> ExecutionContext or any other option via which I can access the cube
> information.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Re: Iterate over data cube from java application [message #1043127 is a reply to message #802770] Wed, 17 April 2013 06:11 Go to previous message
sam va is currently offline sam va
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2011
Senior Member
Hi Rohit

Did you get a solution for this?

Thanks
Previous Topic:ODA Extensions and BIRT Article Series
Next Topic:Exception when trying to set the timeout for the Dataset
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Aug 31 00:27:49 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01917 seconds