Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » The Selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches
The Selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches [message #804608] Wed, 22 February 2012 20:21 Go to next message
Thijs Schreijer is currently offline Thijs SchreijerFriend

Just installed the standalone version, 32 bit on Win XP (also have Lua for windows installed).

Created a new project and added a simple "hello world" print statement. When clicking run or debug, I get the error; "The Selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches"

This is my first Eclipse experience, I tried googling it, but didn't manage to solve it.

Any help is appreciated.
Re: The Selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches [message #804706 is a reply to message #804608] Wed, 22 February 2012 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi Thijs,
You may want to have a look at http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/273959/ . Unfortunately, at the moment we don't provide a way to run Lua applications from the IDE. I understand that it would be an important feature, and it is indeed in our plan to support it. It is simply somtehing that we didn't decide to focus on at first.
In the topic I just mentioned, you'll find an explanation about a workaround based on external launch configurations that you could use (see also http://mwebhack.blogspot.com/2012/01/lua-development-tools-koneki-ide-based.html which may be of help to you to set it up).

HTH

Re: The Selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches [message #806372 is a reply to message #804706] Fri, 24 February 2012 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for your help. That put me on the right track.

I created a similar but different solution, seems to work but with some quirks still. Unfortunately I cannot post any links here, but you can find it on my blog, through my homepage (see my profile on this forum) and then search on tag 'Lua' or 'Koneki'.
Re: The Selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches [message #806394 is a reply to message #804706] Fri, 24 February 2012 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Thank you, Thijs! And thanks for the kind words on the Lua mailing list too Smile
This is a very detailed blog post, which wil be helpful for all the people wanting to easily launch their scripts.
Hopefuly we should provide a launch configuration in the next few months.

BTW the link to the blog post is http://www.thijsschreijer.nl/blog/?p=604

[Updated on: Fri, 24 February 2012 23:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches [message #831279 is a reply to message #806372] Wed, 28 March 2012 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragan Vidanovic is currently offline Dragan VidanovicFriend
Thanks for posting this.
Is it possible to make pictures with little bit better resolution? These are barely visible.
Re: The Selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches [message #831288 is a reply to message #831279] Wed, 28 March 2012 18:00 Go to previous message

just click on them Smile
Previous Topic:Code assistance for 3rd party libs
Next Topic:Configuring selection of text with double click
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:13:06 GMT 2024