Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Lua launch configuration [was Re: Can't use the editor under Mac OS ]
Lua launch configuration [was Re: Can't use the editor under Mac OS ] [message #775734] Fri, 06 January 2012 15:53
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

In reply to David, in message http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/266561/769991/#msg_769991

Quote:

I'm a first time LDT user and I'm also having trouble figuring out how to run a script from the IDE? I've used Eclipse before for other languages like ActionScript and Python, so I thought it would be like that, but no matter what I select in the script explorer, I get the message "The selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches" when I press the Run or Debug button. Run As doesn't offer any options for Lua. I'm on a Mac running 10.7.2.

David

At the moment, LDT is focused on improving the user experience mainly for embedded Lua developpers.
As a consequence, we have not yet found necessary to provide a launch configuration for people to easily launch their Lua scripts, since they are likely to be run on a remote target, with a specific Lua VM, a custom Lua path...
It is not on our short term roadmap to provide a Lua launch configuration, but I'd be more than happy to help you get started if you feel like contributing a patch Smile

FWIW, you can use the "External tools" launch configuration to save in your workspace the parameters you want to use to run or debug your script (see http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftasks-exttools-running.htm). I am not sure it is simpler than using a shell script or a BAT file though.

Cheers,
Ben --

Previous Topic:Developer Mailing List?
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Cannot install on Ubunto 11.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:12:56 GMT 2024