Pulsar - QuickInstall
The QuickInstall view enables you to easily manage provider Software Development Kits (SDKs) from within Eclipse Pulsar. In this view, you can install, remove, and view details or more information for available SDKs and providers. The view provides a list of available SDK installers, displays the status of the SDK (Installed or Uninstalled), and the version number.
The QuickInstall view is open by default in Eclipse Pulsar. If it has been closed or is not already open, open it by selecting Window > Show View > Other, and then expand Pulsar and select Mobile SDKs.
To refresh the list of SDKs, click the Refresh button.
Displaying SDK details
To display details for an SDK, select the SDK in the left pane. The description for that SDK appears on the right.
For installed SDKs, you can also view the device management preferences by selecting the SDK and clicking the Open SDK Details button. This opens the Device Management category in the Preferences dialog.
Getting more information about an SDK
Installing an SDK
- To install one of the available SDKs, select an SDK and click the Install this SDK button. After determining the requirements, the Install dialog appears.
- Ensure that the appropriate items or features are selected, and click Next to continue.
- Review the install details and click Finish. Note that the installation time will vary, depending on the size and complexity of the SDK. Follow the prompts that appear for the particular provider installation.
- Once the installation has completed, you may be prompted to restart Eclipse. Click Yes to restart the environment and complete the installation.
Uninstalling an SDK
- To remove an installed SDK, select an SDK and click the Uninstall this SDK button. After determining the requirements and dependencies, the Uninstall dialog appears.
- Review the information in the dialog and click Finish to continue.
- Once the uninstallation has completed, you may be prompted to restart Eclipse. Click Yes to restart the environment and complete the removal of the SDK.