Eclipse Community Award Winners Announced
Ottawa, Canada - March 26, 2013 - The Eclipse Foundation congratulates the winners of the annual Eclipse Community Awards, which recognize the top individuals, projects and technologies in the ecosystem. Recipients were honored at an awards ceremony March 25 on the opening day of EclipseCon 2013.
The Individual Awards acknowledge people that give their time and resources to make Eclipse a better community. Winners were selected by their peers in an online vote.
- Top Committer: Markus Knauer
- The finalists are Ed D. Wilink and John Arthorne
- Top Newcomer Evangelist: Jonas Helming
- The finalists are Benjamin Cabe and Russell Bateman
- Lifetime Contribution Award: Chris Aniszczyk
The Project Awards recognize Eclipse projects for introducing innovative new features and fostering an open community. Winners were selected by their peers in an online vote.
- Most Innovative New Feature or Eclipse Project: EMF Diff/Merge
- The finalists are Paho, Mylyn Intent and VJet
Technology Awards recognize Eclipse-based open source projects and commercial products. Winners were selected by a panel of judges from the Eclipse community. Products were evaluated on their user interfaces, innovation and completeness of their solutions.