[xtext-dev] Project storage cleanup

Dear Xtext users,

the project storage of Xtext needs some maintenance. We have to reduce the storage footprint of our storage location and delete or archive old artefacts. In detail activities are tracked by
https://github.com/eclipse/xtext/issues/1436 Investigate if we can decrease our footprint at download.eclipse.org
https://github.com/eclipse/xtext/issues/1626 Clean up p2 update storage

One important change is that we are planning to move old releases to archive.eclipse.org. We will keep releases back to Eclipse Oxygen (2.11.0 and newer) and the following older releases that were in frequent use:
- 2.9.2
- 2.8.4
- 2.7.3
- 2.4.3

The URLs of archived releases will change from http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/releases/ to http://archive.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/releases/ . It is not planned to install redirects for the old locations ATM.

We are preparing the move and plan to make it effective with release of Xtext 2.21 on March 3rd 2020. For any concerns use the above mentioned issues.

Kind regards,
~Karsten

Back to the top