[xtext-dev] Xtext documentation and online help

Hi,

I converted org.eclipse.xtext.doc into a fully functional Eclipse online help plug-in and also worked a bit on providing a good looking style sheet for the PDF. I think we're good to go now.

Regarding building the documentation, I've set up the following:

1) PDF and Eclipse Help will be rebuilt locally as soon as you save one of the files below the /docs folder (which contains the documentation source files and also the corresponding images). Should this turn out to be cumbersome, you can turn off the respective builder which has been defined as an ANT builder on org.eclipse.xtext.doc.

2) I also added a customBuild.xml file which invokes the documentation builder when running in a headless build. As I didn't know how to trigger a build on the build server (Dennis, maybe you could enlighten me), this is not tested yet. I am pretty sure it works :-)

Cheers,
Peter

Back to the top