From: "Ed Merks" <Ed.Merks@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Peter Friese" <friese@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: xtext-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Wolfgang Neuhaus" <neuhaus@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Donnerstag, 23. April 2009 14.55 Uhr (GMT+0100) Europe/Berlin
Subject: Re: TMF Xtext: naming

Peter,

I agree that TMF is not meaningful.   Things like GMF and EMF are fine
because people become familiar with the fact that they are directly used
to denote a deliverable whereas things like MDT and TMF are really just
groupings of related meaningful things.  Clearly Eclipse Textual
Modeling Framework Xtext would be too big a mouthful  to swallow, so I
think your suggestion is a good one.

Cheers,
Ed

Peter Friese wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today it occurred to me that "TMF Xtext" might be a rather cryptic name for the new Xtext release. Of course, this is the project name, so it is fair to use this name when talking about it. However, end-users might be more comfortable with the name "Eclipse Xtext".
>
> So I'd suggest to use the term "Eclipse Xtext" when talking about the new version of Xtext in public while at the same time continuing to use the term "oAW Xtext" when talking about the old version of Xtext, available with oAW up to version 4.3.1.
>
> Opinions?
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Back to the top