[Wtp-wst-dev] WTP Server Adapter framework: Cannot call Server.synchronousStart method

Hi guys,

Working with the WTP server adapter and trying to contribute an extension point I’m observing a strange behavior:

When I say “Run as”->”Run on Server” for a particular servlet I expect to have a sequence of
2 operations :
  • publish
  • server start (in my extension point startBeforePublish="false")
This is OK. The entry point here is org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server#start(String mode2, final IOperationListener opListener)
that calls the operation above in an asynchronous way. This does not suit me, as I want to start the server only if the publish operation is successful.

I found another method public void synchronousStart(String mode2, IProgressMonitor monitor) throws CoreException;
That would do the required work instead of me, but what is strange to me is that nobody calls this method.
I didn’t find even how to force the server adapter to call it.

Could you please advise me is there a way to call this synchronousStart method (for example property in plugin.xml file for this extension point), or this is kind of a bug?

Thanks in advance,
-Vladislav
Vladislav Iliev | TIP CORE Java Server | Next Generation Java Platform | +359 2 8056 753

Back to the top