[wtp-pmc] Office hours today

Hi folks,
A quick reminder that office hours happen today, as we would usually meet to discuss the candidate for M2. Here's what's going on with WTP 3.23:

1) The EMO has requested the addition of the now-mandatory files: README, LICENSE and CONTRIBUTING, to the main repositories, and to consider adding files: NOTICES, CODE OF CONDUCT and SECURITY. Doing so is a condition of closing out our 2021-06 Progress Review. The leads and committers on each project, knowing them the best, should author those using the Eclipse Project's repositories as examples. This task is being tracked at https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/emo-team/emo/-/issues/61, the latest comments giving a little more guidance on what those files should contain.

2) Jakarta EE* marches on, meaning we still need facets and support for:
  • CDI 3.0
  • EAR 9.0
  • EJB 4.0
  • JAXB 3.0
  • JAX-RS 3.0
  • JPA 3.0
  • JSF 3.0, with the standard itself possibly implemented by the Mojarra and Glassfish projects.

I have little to no history with the majority of them, but I believe we can't have adopters' server adapters stating support for these new versions without declaring them in WTP.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?classification=WebTools&query_format=advanced&status_whiteboard=jakartaee9&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr

3) It's time for a Java 17 Facet

Maybe I'll see you during the open meet time, and/or you'll reply right here to discuss anything you like. Either way, until then!

--
Regards,
Nitin Dahyabhai

Back to the top