Re: [wtp-pmc] vjet initial contribution

I neglected to say that "org.eclipse.vjet" sound exactly right to me :-)

Wayne

On 08/20/2012 05:08 PM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
The general rule is that you should use the project's short name in bundle and package names.

HTH,

Wayne

On 08/20/2012 05:03 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:

Note that top-level namespace usage must be approved by EMO. This usually happens during the project proposal phase as part of approving full and short name for the project. If this didn’t happen, please make sure to loop in EMO into this discussion.

- Konstantin

From: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chuck Bridgham
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 1:56 PM
To: Justin Early
Cc: wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx; David Carver
Subject: Re: [wtp-pmc] vjet initial contribution

Hi Justin,

Traditionally all subprojects have either the "wst" or "jst" prefix - but this is mostly for historical reasons:  http://www.eclipse.org/org/councils/AC/wtpsnapshot/wtp_project_architecture.html
Given that the project is entering incubation, and in keeping the most flexiblity moving forward,  I think "org.eclipse.vjet.*" is a good namespace, but I added this to the pmc mailing list to get their opinion as well.

Thanks - Chuck

Senior Architect, RAD Java EE Tools, WTP PMC Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC