[wtp-pmc] Agenda for Tuesday, November 07, 2006 telecon

At this meeting, let's try and narrow down the tutorials we'd advocate for EclipseCon.

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/pmc_call_notes/2006-11-07.html
Tollfree in the US: 866-214-3176
Alternate: 404-827-9098
Access code: 8870689#

Call Time: 7am PDT / 10am PDT
Community
  • Pieter Humphrey: community activity and status
  • EclipseCon: Web Development Track
    • Tutorials: Quota is 1 long and 3 short
    Process
    • ACLs added to allow Dali, JSF, and ATF write access to webtools website cvs
    Requirements and 2.0 Planning 1.5.2, 1.5.3, and 2.0 Status
    • 1.5.2 released
    • Will need "feature patch" for one blocking bug
    • 1.5.3 builds started ... no smoke/tests declares for a bit
    • M3 coming up 11/15 for 2.0.
    JSF status
    • ?
    Dali Status
    • ?
    ATF Status
    Tech Preview

    Planning for the first part of January. We didn't want to do it the at the end of the year, since we were afraid that any announcement wouldn't be noticed with everything going on around Christmas. Also, a lot of team will be out of the office around Christmas. There are two things that we want to get into the Tech Preview which are Mac support and a supported version of Mozilla's XULRunner 1.8.1. There is a lot of demand for Mac, so we thing that this would be a good addition to the Tech Preview. We are using an hand built version of Mozilla's XULRunner 1.8.1. We are working with Mozilla to begin official build of XULRunner 1.8.1, We didn't want to do a Tech Preview with a hand built unsupported version of XULRunner.

    APIs Definition

    Defining APIs, wasn't consider when considered when developing ATF. We will need to define the API's and then implement them. We have started looking at the areas we want to define API's. We also plan to start a discussion on our listserv, so the community can weigh in on the areas that they consider important for APIs. By the time we are ready to do a Tech Preview, we should know the areas that we want to define APIs, but the API's won't be defined.

    _javascript_ Editor.

    We plan to announce out plan to do a new _javascript_ editor. We plan to post a detail proposal to solicit community feedback, possible alternatives, additional project participation, and ways the project can be leveraged from the Eclipse membership-at-large.

    Action Items and Owners

    • David: send note to allow access to website, for jsf, dali, and atf committers [done]

Back to the top