[wtp-pmc] WTP PMC telecon agenda for Tuesday, July 11th 2006

Call info:

  • Tollfree in the US: 866-214-3176
  • Alternate: 404-827-9098
  • Access code: 8870689#

Call Time: 7am PDT / 10am PDT

This is a long agenda, so we may end up postponing some topics until next week.

Agenda:

  • Community review [Lawrence]
    • Callisto/1.5 release feedback?
    • Screencam demo download numbers – see [3].
    • Podcast with EZ on WTP and Callisto
    • EclipseCon 2007 program kickoff (see attached email and slide deck)
  • 1.5/Callisto Debrief
    • Any open issues? Bad bugs?
  • Process issues and scheduling [Tim]
    • AI [Tim]: “full” release review slidedeck (no progress last week; on vacation)
    • Update on inactive committer and record review (Tim, Lawrence)
    • UI test infrastructure donation offer from Instantiations
    • STP integration – process and communication
    • Sybase visual JSF/JJSP designer contribution update
      1. Status
      2. Placement w.r.t. projects and graduation timing concerns
      3. Bjorn’s statement on Eclipse policy w.r.t. committer “bootstrapping” – see [2].
  • Requirements and 2.0 Planning (Jochen)
    • Component-level plans
  • 1.5.1 Status (David)
  • 1.0.3 Rampdown status and open issues [David]
    • See rampdown schedule in David’s email (attached)
    • 8 open defects still targeted to 1.0.3 [1]
  • JSF [Gerry[
    • Tech preview debrief/feedback
    • Planning process for next release
      1. Dates
      2. Incorporating feedback from internal review
      3. Integration of feature lists and plans with WTP mechanisms
      4. Other planning issues/concerns?
    • Graduation review planning
  • Dali/JPA [Neil]
    • Tech preview debrief/feedback
    • Planning process for next release
      1. Dates
      2. Facets, APT, and other architectural mods (incorporating feedback from internal review)
      3. Integration of feature lists and plans with WTP mechanisms
      4. Build integration
      5. Other planning issues/concerns?
    • Graduation review planning
  • ATF [Robert]
    • Community building plan and awareness issues (EMO concerns)
    • Planning process for initial release (tech preview)
      1. Dates
      2. Integration of feature lists and plans with WTP mechanisms
      3. Build integration
      4. Other planning issues/concerns?

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=WebTools&product=Web+Tools&target_milestone=1.0.3+M103&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

[2] [From Bjorn] At the discretion of the PMC, new components can get the "free pass for committers" scheme.
I'm sorry that it's confusing, but here's the logic: you have to vote in new committers to join an existing group of committers, but if you are forming a new group, you (optionally) get a free pass. So because your significant new code contribution would be forming a new group, you get the free pass status.

[3] [From Wayne Beaton] As of Sunday evening, there have been 10,804 downloads of the install-eclipse screencam demo and 4,538 of the install-wtp screencam demo.

I'm not sure if there is any significance. Perhaps this is an indication that around 42% of relative newcomers are curious about webtools...