Re: [wtp-pmc] Package name for JSF project..

Yes, EMO is supposed to regulate the first three segments (org and eclipse are obvious, but even the third, to avoid conflicts).
This isn't too obvious, since "the base" sort of made a mess of things :) by using a bunch in the third position, before they identified
long  term (sub) components.

Then each PMC regulates what comes after their third segments, so we can avoid conflicts "past" the wst, or jst .... or, now, ... wtp!

I'm surprised Bjorn suggested wtp.jsf, since there is no (existing) "org.eclipse.wtp" namespace .. but, hey, if Bjorn said so, is must be right :)

So, as long as "org.eclipse.wtp" is "officially ours",  I see no harm to release code with it .. but, does seem unusual since it implies "spanning wst and jst" .. but, no biggie,
I'll adjust if its hard to rename now.

Raghu Srinivasan <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/17/2006 08:28 PM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-pmc] Package name for JSF project..

Yes, Bjorn did suggest the 'wtp.jsf' packaging, though I wasn't thinking of the package prefix as something that the EMO regulates!
-Raghu

David M Williams wrote:

Raghu, can you clarify .. are you saying that the Eclipse Foundation (e.g. Bjorn)  assigned to you "
org.eclipse.wtp.jsf" ?

If so, then I misread originally.

Raghu Srinivasan <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by:
wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/14/2006 01:52 PM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)"
<wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-pmc] Package name for JSF project..

Hi,

We currently use the prefix, org.eclipse.wtp.jsf, in the package name
and plugin ID. However, once we exit incubation, I believe the project
will be a component of jst and hence the right prefix would be
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.

I need guidance on the following:
1) Is, org.eclipse.jst.jsf, the right package name for the project?
2) Can we defer the refactoring to post1.5 release?

Thanks
Raghu