Re: [wtp-dev] [faces-dev] Regarding using JSF4 in Eclipse

Hi,

The constraints and the resulting complaints about the faces-config files (as well as web.xml etc) in the Eclipse IDE are handled by the Eclipse IDE plug-in WTP. This is not something the Faces API can control.

You can find their contact info here: https://eclipse.org/webtools

That said, I'm surprised too that the WTP team has been ignoring updated versions of the EE deployment descriptors for many years now. I can only assume they have forgotten about Java EE/Jakarta EE and are now focussing on other things, whatever those other things might be.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms