[wtp-dev] Our move to EMF 2.3 coming soon

I propose this Friday, after we declare this week's I-build, we should move to EMF 2.3.

This will take some investigation and "testing" to see what its impact would be.

It will require to compile against 1.5, which I think we can do with eclipse build directives and execution environments .. since we use the JDT compiler) ... we don't have to
change the actual VM on the build machine, AFAIK.  BUT, we will likly want to keep 1.4 source compatibility turned "on" (this is the part that needs investigation .. makes
my head spin :)

So ... would this effect the desired JPA move to WTP builds? Do you have any particular requirement?

For everyone else, I'd suggest two things:

at least try to run against an EMF 2.3 target in dev. environment in the next few days, see if they've broken any APIs :)

and two, change any EMF releated plugin prereg's to use [2.2,2.4) so that our 2.0 stream can "work" with either 2.2 or 2.4 ... well, whether or
not it will may be another issue, but I don't want the manifest spec to be the gating factor for now.

Note this week's EMF 2.3 M3 won't really have an Java 5 constructs in it yet (though they do spec Java 5 execution environment).
But they will start ot use generics in 2.3 M4.