RE: [wtp-dev] Source updates?

Ed, thanks for the offer to merge, but, to avoid duplicated work, thought I would mention we will be doing a little work to assess what, exactly, the modifications were, and what, if any is the best way to merge back in to soon-to-be active stream (as we make it public, that is, sorry for the offset delay).

The zipped up contribution appears to contain everything (from servers to webservices) but from what I've read on newsgroup, editing was the function most talked about, so I'd expect fixes/improvements to be in that area. So, someone from our editing team will do some diffs on whole thing and make an initial inspection to determine nature and extent of changes.  We'll decide second step from there.

I'm sure in future Genuitec would be happy to contribute fixes in the form of patches against CVS version, once that version is in CVS! (and we've be happy to have them :)

And, I should add, if you've already done any assessment yourself or have an idea of what was fixed, exactly, don't hesitate to make your own recommendations to this list.

Thanks again,

David

"Ed Burnette" <Ed.Burnette@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/11/2004 03:40 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [wtp-dev] Source updates?

Ok. When you say "the code will be checked into CVS" do you mean checked in at eclipse.org under the webtools repository or do you mean something else?

Also, is there a plan for merging in the Genuitec fixes or is that still to be decided?
I could help with merges but I don't want to duplicate somebody else's work.