Re: [wildwebdeveloper-dev] Extend JS editor

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 3:40 PM Christian Pontesegger <christian.pontesegger@xxxxxx> wrote:
The Wild Web Developer JS editor seems to be the dropin replacement for
the editor from JSDT. If it does not support Rhino/Nashorn, do you know
of any other editor, who does?

No sorry. But it's not really this editor, it's all happening in the LS. That's where support for other JS runtime should be available IMO.

Could you point me to the location where you add an extension for code
completions?

They are in LSP4E, but those are extensions to org.eclipse.ui.genericeditor.contentAssistProcessors

Further I tried to add another lsp4e.languageServer extension

I don't get it; are you defining a new language server, conform to the LSP4E spec?

it to the contentType of o.e.wildwebdeveloper.js, hoping that both
language servers would be used and results would be combined.
But either I did something wrong or that feature is not supported.

Multiple language servers on the same file are supported. TS for example has 3 language servers running simultaneously (TS, Angular, ESLint) and results are combined.

Do you know where to ask for support here? Not sure if
genericeditor, lsp4e, tm4e are separate projects or how they act
together.

I recommend you watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=866-xH2Oi4c or other similar EclipseCon talks to get it clarified.

Cheers,

Back to the top