It warned me that the workspace was to be upgraded which is normal for a newer version of Eclipse - but I have not seen any errors myself.

Do you have anything other than WindowBuilder installed in your Eclipse - maybe something which is not currently supported with Eclipse 2024 ?

Dave

On 14 Mar 2024, at 00:09, R Steiger via wb-dev <wb-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Patrick,

Don't know whether this has been reported, but installing the 2024-03 corrupted my workspace, getting a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jface/text/rules/FastPartitioner, totally reproducable.  Am on 2023-12, Windows 11.

[Bronx] Cheers,

-rjs

-----Original Message-----
From: wb-dev <wb-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Patrick Ziegler via wb-dev
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2024 1:46 PM
To: wb-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Patrick Ziegler <ziegler.patrick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wb-dev] WindowBuilder 1.15.0 Release

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that WindowBuilder 1.15.0 was released without hickups as part of the 2024-03 release and can be consumed from the following repositories:

https://download.eclipse.org/releases/2024-03

https://download.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/updates/release/1.15.0

Highlight of this release is the support for jakarta annotations in the
E4 views, as well as lambda expressions for event listeners.

Furthermore, this is also the first release without dependency to
Digester3 and Guava. Former hasn't been updated in well over a decade and also pulls in nasty transitive dependencies such as Commons-Logging, Commons-Lang and Commons-Collections. Parsing of the wbp component files is instead done via JAXB. Latter has been replaced by Commons-Collections4, given that both libraries provide effectively the same functionality.

Sadly, this is also end of the XWT support. Partially due to increasing incompatibilities with the latest Eclipse releases (like a dependency to javax), as well as a general lack of activity on their repository.

Regards,

Patrick