From: wakaama-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <wakaama-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Scott Bertin
Sent: Tuesday, 16 October, 2018 22:00
To: wakaama-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wakaama-dev] LWM2M 1.1 planning

I’d like to start a discussion planning for adding LWM2M 1.1 features to Wakaama. There are several new features that would be useful in my work, and I would like to start implementing them before too long.

First, is there anything that must be finished for LWM2M 1.0 before 1.1 code would be accepted?

I’m thinking there needs to be a configuration option for a client to be either 1.0 or 1.1. The server would support either 1.0 or both 1.0 and 1.1. Does anyone see a need for the server to have a configuration supporting only 1.1? I’m thinking the default configuration would be to support 1.1 with LWM2M_VERSION_1_0 defined to limit it to 1.0 features.

For CBOR support, I’m thinking cn-cbor (https://github.com/cabo/cn-cbor) or the modified version (https://github.com/jimsch/cn-cbor) that is used by COSE-C. The version used by COSE-C would allow COSE-C to be used for OSCORE support without having two sets of CBOR code. I’m already using this in my code, so I’m a bit biased.

Regards,

Scott

Image removed by sender. telular1532373393.png

Scott Bertin
Senior Firmware Engineer
Telular
D: 678.264.2042