[wakaama-dev] COAP over TCP/TLS

Hi All,

We are currently working to modify Wakaama/Erbium to support COAP over TCP/TLS (following https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-01, but I assume we will upgrade to https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-02)

Our internal proof-of-concept currently chooses between UDP and TCP via compile-time switch (#define).  This was chosen as the path of least resistance, and it has both advantages and disadvantages.

My question is this:  What is the community preference for switching between TCP and UDP?  Would a run-time switch (via the lwm2m_binding_t enum) or a build-time switch (via #define) be preferred?

Thanks,

-Bert

Back to the top