From: wakaama-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wakaama-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Subhash Nair p
Sent: Thursday, 17 December, 2015 19:26
To: Wakaama developer discussions <wakaama-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [wakaama-dev] Should observation be forced to reply to server ip address and server port?

I think the same port should be used.

Thanks
Subhsh
HP

On Dec 17, 2015 4:36 PM, "Ezequiel SantamarĂ­a Navarro" <zesn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm about to integrate Wakaama client with IoTAgent from Telefonica I+D, which is hosted here:

https://github.com/telefonicaid/lightweightm2m-iotagent

But each observation requests from the IoTAgent uses a different port than the registration one.

By default a Wakaama client can connect to an IoTAgent using 60001, but observation requests doesn't come from port 60001.

I can't find at CoAP RFC7641 that constraint.

Which solution is the correct one? Should Wakaama reply to different ports? Should IoTAgent send request from the same as registration port?